Michigan-Detroit
Options

travel agents

I am looking for travel agent recommendations in the area. We are getting ready to shop around for the best prices on honeymoons and I need some recs. I would especially like to find someone who offers a honeymoon registry through their company if possible. I'd love to find a registry where you don't have to pay fees and I think that is often the case with travel agents if you book your honeymoon through them. Thanks for your help.

Re: travel agents

• Options
    We are using Cadillac Travel.  Our rep. is Sheila and she is great.  I do remember her telling us that we could register for items for our honeymoon, but I didn't ask for the details.  Happy Shopping! :)
  • Options
    If you are a member of Costco or Sam's Club, you might want to check them out.  There should be a tab on their website for vacations.  They may be even less than a regular travel agency.
  • Options

Why are people so rude and judgmental?  I am sick of people on here bad mouthing what people are asking questions about.  She didn't ask for your two cents about it being tacky or not...give the girl a break!  If she wants to register for honeymoon items, than so be it.  It gives people another option instead of the buying the typical kitchen or bathroom items.  I have heard of a ton of people doing this as an alternative option for a wedding/shower gift.  Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon racergirl21!

• Options
    I used to think HMR were cool, until I also realized you aren't actually buying your dear friends a zip-lining trip or massage on the beach or whatever other registry item that you pick, you're really just giving them cash. The registry site just cuts the couple a check at the end of it all, after taking a cut of the money.

I'm all for giving my friends "experiences", but if I were to do that in this case, I'd just give them cash directly, or buy them a gift card for said experience.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Let's get back to what she was asking about...a travel agent recommendation...not your opinion on the registry.  I'm not mad...I have just been reading a lot of posts where people put people down for what they want to do for their own wedding...who cares if you think something is tacky or wrong...everyone has their own styles, visions, etc.  Who are you to tell someone what is tacky or rude...to them it might be a good idea!!  And, as far as Cadillac travel (You know the travel agent I recommended), all our agent suggested to us was to have people contact her if they would like to buy us something for the honeymoon and she would book it...Just as if we would book something through her...it's not necessarily a registry like you are speaking of through the resort, but it does give people the option to get you a nice dinner on the beach or a room up-grade if they choose to do so…now, am I saying this option is for everyone…no, but if someone chooses to do this…who am I to judge?!?! 

• Options
    I have used Josette's Travel in the Sterling Heights area for several trips and she is great and affordable. LOVE HER!! She is booking our honeymoon to the Dominican and we have an awesome trip planned. You can contact her at josettetravels@sbcglobal.net or call her at 586-524-5867.
    I could not be happier with her! I have recommended her to many many friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards