Connecticut

brides-to-be glastonbury

just wanted to let everyone know if you are still looking for a dress and are on a tight tight budget and cant see spending 1000+ on a dress brides to be consignment in glastonbury according to website has an abundance of gowns starting at $200 all the gowns are sample gowns direct from the designers or bridal salons ( gowns are discontinued styles and may be 1-2 years old. they have couture gowns like rivini, pinia, carolia sposia, vera wang, and others like morilee, and other designers i have been in there a few times just to look. they also carry shoes viels and jewlery as well as evening wear. the associates there are very helpfull no apointment needed you can look through the gowns and pick ones to try on. one gown i tried on was a size to small and the fit did nothing for me so she brought me a dress next size up in a style that would flatter me it was only 400 but this was last summer and my wedding is summer of 14 so i figured i would wait. 

some of the dresses have some flaws like bottons missing or broken but they have a on site seamstress that can fix anything one of the dresses i loved was a halter but the halter neck was snap i was able to see the halter transformed into  a dress with straps. they can add straps make a bolero 

Re: brides-to-be glastonbury

• that's good to know, thanks!
  • I second the recommendation.  I ended up buying from David's Bridal, but I did like the shop and the ladies quite a bit!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I bought my veil from the shop and the owner and ladies are great!! They are so nice!
  • Brides to Be is a great shop, they helped me find my wedding dress within a month of my wedding after a mishap with another store.

HOWEVER, their seamstress, Barbara, RUINED my dress. It fit me like a glove before she touched it and afterwards that hem wasn't cut or sewn straight, the bustle was pulling off of the gown. It didn't fit me at all and looked horrible. I had to bring it to a different seamstress to get it corrected to exactly where the dress was originally sewn. The new seamstress cut the dress open right in front of me and I could not believe that horrible job Barbara did. She used YELLOW thread on a white dress. When I called her to ask for a partial refund she was nothing but non-compliant and rude, denying everything that I said was wrong with the dress. I made it clear I was not happy with the dress before I left with it but it was 3 days before my wedding and felt as though I had no other choice. 

Barbara single-handed ruined what was supposed to be one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Oh yea, she then had the nerve to say that I only wanted a refund so I could go on my honeymoon.... Since when will $100-200 pay for a vacation?
  • thanks for the heads up i  have decided to go with a brand new dress made just for me ordered from the designer i am in love with the  mori lee julieeta line for plus size and they start at like 600-1500
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards