Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Anyone have experience with Springwood conference center?

Hi,

I'm just starting my venue search and I'm completely overwhelmed. Everything I'm finding is so expensive and it's tough to keep track of which place includes what for the price.

My front runner at the moment is an outdoor fall wedding at the villa at Springwood. The woman I spoke with on the phone seemed very helpful, though busy, and I'm a bit worried about interaction based on some reviews. But the place looks gorgeous on the website and all the reviews mention how lovely it all looks (I will see it in person in 2 weeks). It also looks like you can customize your event a lot which is good b/c I want a non-traditional ceremony and reception. The food is done on-site which in my mind is a plus (assuming it's tasty!), one less vendor to worry about, though a bit pricey. You can also bring your own alcohol (money saver), and I'm hoping with the landscape I won't need to decorate as extensively. One thing that came up in multiple reviews though was additional charges for various things, though no one seemed to specify what these "things" are. Maybe it's a problem, maybe it wouldn't be for us if we don't want the extras.

FYI - we are looking at roughly 50 people and I'd really like to keep my budget as low as possible. Having just started it's tough for me to say what's reasonable, but ideally under $10k for everything (dress, food, venue, photos, EVERYHING) would be best. I suspect Springwood would bring my total closer to $15k :(

Re: Anyone have experience with Springwood conference center?

• This isn't really too helpful... I had originally thought that I would want my wedding to be at Springwood.  I talked to the lady there and she was rude/snotty.  Also, you could only make appointments to see the place durning the day on a week day.  I didn't want to have to take vacation time to see this venue and the lady was rude to me, so I decided to not even good look.
  • I looked at Springwood and all interactions were rushed feeling. I did however manage to meet them on the Saturday of memorial day weekend last year and they were setting up a wedding. If we went with them we would have wanted the second more expensive option and that was just way too much. 
  • Had a wedding there last May and everything was perfect! The food was amazing and the were flexible with what we wanted to do for the wedding.  They also have a plan in place in case it would rain. I will tell you that there is a venue fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards