August 2013 Weddings

Dress Fitting Disaster

I had my first dress fitting last night. When I bought the dress they measured me and said they would order me a size 6 then take it in a bit to make it fit. When I tried putting the dress on last night it wouldn't go past my butt. AT ALL. I thought I hadn't un-laced it enough, nope. I checked the tag, size 6. Let me tell you, that is not a good feeling. The owner and Alterations Manager were called over, they measure me again, my measurements were the same, they measured the dress. It was made as if it was a size 2. Great. I have NEVER EVER been a size 2. They just looked at me panic'd and said "This dress takes 6 months to come in, I dont know what to do" Great. Way to make me feel good about the situation. I am supposed to get a phone call today with a plan. This is not how I seen my dress fitting going lol.

Re: Dress Fitting Disaster

• Oh no! I hope they find a way to make it work or that the manufacturer fixes the problem asap. That's seriously one of my worst nightmares.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • OMG!  What a mess up.  They need to put a super rush order in with the manufacturer.  The manufacturer screwed up and needs to fix it without any stress to you.  I am sorry you are dealing with this stress.  Please keep us updated on how this resolves itself.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• thecatmthecatm member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    Awww, gosh, I hope they are able to do something for you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got a call from the shop owner, she said they are putting a rush on a new dress and hope to have it in by the 2nd week in August. The wedding isn't until the 24th so that might work, alterations will just be a little rushed.
  • Hi! Awww wow you poor thing - i wouldnt wanna wish such stress and an awful day on anyone! I can't believe the manufacturer screwed up so bad - sorry to hear that! Atleast i am glad they are doing their best to rush it out to you! Hopefully it all goes well and stay on top of them - maybe they can get it earlier - biiiiig hugs your way and i hope it all works out!!!
    Anniversary

Vacation
  • Omgoodness. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. What a mess up on the part of the manufacturer. I'm glad they are able to put a rush on it though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry RailWay! I'm glad they are putting in the rush order, and hopefully they will give you a SUBSTANTIAL discount as well. Sending good speedy vibes your way!
  • I'm so sorry RailWay! I'm glad they are putting in the rush order, and hopefully they will give you a SUBSTANTIAL discount as well. Sending good speedy vibes your way!
    Oh yes!  You definitely should get a HUGE discount.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Yikes! That would scare me enough that I'd get a just-in-case dress! I hope they give you a huge discount and extra free stuff! Free alterations maybe?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think I would stroke out if that were me. Glad to hear they are getting you another one a little quicker. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    I would have had a heart attack. I'm glad they are able to rush it!! And yes ask for a discount...it couldn't hurt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just awful!  I hope everything works out!!!

And to think I was freaking out because my dress was almost 2 months late...makes my fear seem very trivial!!  Also concerned now that my dress may not be right when I see it for the first time in 8 months on June 22.  I'm in Winnipeg, where did you order from if you don't mind me asking??

• @ashleyp0420 Your from Winnipeg? I ordered my dress in Winnipeg from 7th Avenue Fashions. Where did you get your dress from?
  • Railway I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!! Glad they got back to you soon and I hope they jump through hoops to make this up to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Railway,

I sure am :) and I got my dress from Stella's.  I still can't believe that happened to you, that something you would see in a chick flick!

So glad that 7th avenue is taking the initiative to fix things, when my dress was late and the weeks were going by I started to panic a bit and every time I would call they would tell me not to worry about it.  I hated that.

Are they at least giving you regular updates on it's production??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards