Maryland-Baltimore
Options

baltimore zoo wedding?

HI!

We just decided to book the Maryland Zoo for our wedding in September 2013 and was wondering if there are any other brides out there who are planning on getting married at the zoo? I'm a little nervous and I feel a little out of my element planning a wedding and would love to connect with someone like me!

:)

Zoe

Re: baltimore zoo wedding?

• Options
    My photographer covered a wedding at the Zoo not that long ago.  Here is the link to her blog which shows some of the picks from the day if you wanted to see how it all looked put together.  Clicky!

• Options
    This is my first post here...but I'm going to check out the Zoo for my sping 2013 wedding and would love to talk with you about what you loved about the place and how you plan to use it. I'm VERY out of my element with the whole wedding planning concept and driving myself crazy just trying to decide on a place I like. So please...get in touch!
  • Options
    Hi Zoe, my fiance and I just booked the Zoo for our Sept 2013 wedding as well!  I absolutely LOVED Jane, she seems so helpful.  I'm nervous about it too, especially since we are on a pretty tight budget.  But I think it will go smoothly!  We are both native to Baltimore so we know a lot of good local vendors if you need any advice.  Good luck with everything and get in touch if you have questions!

Tori
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,

I will be getting married at the Zoo in May 2013 and could not be more please with how things have gone so far and how beautiful the Zoo is. My fiance proposed to me at the zoo and we are doing a peacock theme so it was only natural that we would choose the Zoo. 
    Jane has been great and very responsive. I am so excited and can not wait til May!!! Good Luck Ladies

• Options
    what are you all doing in terms of decoration for the reception space? I think we are liking the peacock colors for our colors, but I still want to incorporate animals in general into our theme. Do you think black animal silouhettes as table numbers would work with the peacock color theme? 

I too, am out of my element, but would be willing to talk to other baltimore zoo brides!
  • Options
    My friend got married there! She loved it!

The Rawlings Conservatory is right near there, which is another option.

I know our photographer lives a mile from there.
    She is fantastic and super affordable. Would recommend you checking her out.
     www.bubblesandblowfish.com

I know my friend's bright colors contrasted very nicely with the surroundings at the zoo.
    Hope this helped!

• Options
    I am getting married there in December 2013. Jane has been great! We are having the penguin at the cocktail hour. Still have no idea what to do about decor. Colors are black, white, and a hint of red. Still looking at caterers...any recommendations?
  • Options
    I am getting married at the Baltimore Zoo in August 2013.  I live in another state, so I've picked vendors that can take an idea and run with it without much prompting from me.  I highly recommend Atlantic Caterers. They have worked at the zoo before and have a good relationship with Jane. They include linens and they decorate their own service tables (they coordinate to whatever decor you want), so you can save money there. If you want, they will handle all chair rentals for the lakeside pavilion and a dance floor (if you need those things). They are a bit more expensive than some other options, but it will save you some major headaches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards