DC

Hotel venue for around $20,000 for 150 people

bobtheflobbobtheflob member
First Comment
Hi all. My fiance and I are starting our venue search. We're planning on getting married in August of 2014 and are leaning towards doing it at a hotel. A hotel just seems easier because it's a complete package, and we want to do the ceremony and the reception at the same location. Does anybody have any good suggestions for a place that will be around $20,000 for up to 150 guests? We're mainly looking in DC, but Arlington and Alexandria are possibilities (we'd like it to be metro accessible for our friends).

Thanks!

Re: Hotel venue for around $20,000 for 150 people

• Try Hotel Monaco or  Morrison House in Alexandria, VA.   

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I know you are looking in DC and Virgina, but the Hilton on Rockville Pike is right at the Twinbrook Metro and should be within your budget.  They have a beautiful atrium.
  • Thanks! I'll check those places out.
  • I'd also recommend Hotel Monaco.  My fiance and I are getting married there in September (we invited about 150) and I found their wedding packages to be a great deal for the area.  A lot of places nickel and dime you, but so far everything seems to be included in our package (i.e. food, alcohol, cake cutting, handing out welcome bags, etc.). 
  • We went to a wedding at the Hotel Monaco. It was very nice and our friends who got married there recommend it highly. I guess my only reservation is that since there would be some overlap between our guest lists, I wouldn't want for it to be a "been there done that" sort of thing. That won't hold us back from considering it though.

Another place we've been thinking about is the Fairfax at Embassy Row. Does anybody know anything about that hotel?

Thanks for all the replies!
  • smith5jm said:

I know you are looking in DC and Virgina, but the Hilton on Rockville Pike is right at the Twinbrook Metro and should be within your budget.  They have a beautiful atrium.

Although I know people who have not had problems there, when I planned an event there they bumped guests who had guaranteed rooms with a contract specifying they could not be bumped (they were moved half an hour away without transportation back.) The staff was also deceitful (lied that the entire group had been walked) and unapologetic. The staff had also told me there were no problems shortly before this happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards