September 2013 Weddings
Options

Save the date??

Hello September brides! My wedding is September 28th, 2013 and I realized I have let time get away from me. Is it too late to send out save the dates? At this point since I'm right around the 5 month mark would it be pointelss to? 

Thank you in advance!

Re: Save the date??

• Options
    if you look just a couple of posts back there was just a thread on this. i think the general consensus was that it was not too late. Personally, i think if you're going to send them out it needs to be like, THIS week. you could also just send out your invitations a little sooner if you want instead. always an option :) 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your input. Forgot to look at other posts back... but at least it sounds like I'm not the only one in this predicament :)
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat! I made and ordered mine today! They will be shipped out next week by Friday. It's go time lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kdjjkdjj member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I guess it's not too late, but personally I wouldn't send them now since you'll be sending invites out in a few months. Std are not necessities so I would forgo the expense. Just my $0.02
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I sent my save the dates out 9 months before the wedding. I think if you already have them, you might as well send them out but if not, I would not order them. I think typically you should send out the save-the-dates 6 months or more in advance of the wedding.
  • Options
    I haven't sent out our save the dates yet and I too am getting married on Sept 28th. I plan on getting them in the mail this week though! I haven't done it yet because I was simply too busy with school. I still want to send them bc my FI's cousin is getting married 2 weeks before us and my cousin is getting married 2 weeks after us! I already have them all addressed so all I have to do is stamp them and send them. I'd rather not waste them, they are too cute! lol
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's my date too. We sent ours out in March but I recently sent a few more out of some people we added to the list so I think you are fine.
  • Options
    That's my date as well =) We decided not to do them; we are just sending our invitations out a couple weeks sooner so people have more time to make arrangements.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards