New York-Long Island

What questions should I ask my venue before giving deposit?

Hi!  My fiance and I have selected the Larkfield Manor, I got such a great feeling from them, we are going there to give our deposit and I want to make sure that I don't forget to ask them anything prior to giving them $.  Any questions that you found helpful to be answered by the venue would be great! 

Thank you in advance!

Re: What questions should I ask my venue before giving deposit?

• edited December 2011
    I met with Larkfield, and their staff was amazing.  We didn't end up choosing them, but it was a close call between them and another venue, mainly because the service they offered was so above and beyond.

The biggest thing is just to make sure they can accommodate the things that are important for your guests - does a grandparent require wheelchair accessibility?  Is someone in your family allergic to a certain food?  Is there a hotel nearby for your out-of-town guests?  What do they charge for kids' meals (if you are inviting chldren)?  Have you seen all of the locations you are going to use - bridal suite, restrooms, etc.?  Make sure those areas meet your expectations as well (for what it's worth, I thought the bridal suites at Larkfield were lovely).  I can't think of much else, other than the standard cost/what's included in the package/what time does everything start and end info that you presumably asked at your appointment with them.  
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    get everyting (EVERYTHING) in writing. that's my biggest piece of advice.
    some other ideas-what paperwork do they need from vendors?  how early can you arrive? how late can you depart? will there be any other parties that day? will the valet services be available? if there are other parties what time do they end (for toilet and valet purposes), willt here be a bridal attendant for the entire night? what are their responsibilities? will you pack everythign up for me or will we have to do that at the end of the night? what about last minute cancellations from guests? how are they handled? what if an extra guest shows up? how is that handled? when can i do a tasting? can I alter the menu to our tastes? what kind of wines do you serve and, if i prefer something else, will you provide it and serve it?

• edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much!  You each brought up different points that I have overlooked!  Thank you!!!
  • haylesDhaylesD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think that the other posters have said everyhting that I was thinking. I did want to say that I also chose Larkfield, I can't wait!! They are just so friendly and outgoing there.. really make you feel like family! Congratulations and goodluck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding there and it was wonderful, the only negative thing was that there was a lot of rain that day and there was a leak (in the cocktail room by the french doors) and my dress got wet. Make sure that is fixed just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards