Wedding Party

My flower girl and ring barer ASAP HELP!!!

Hey everyone!
I was wondering what you all would think if i had some of my closest friends be my ring barer and flower girl. Would it be funny or just plain stupid? I just really want my family in my wedding party and don't want to add anymore people because we have six people on each side already. Tell me what you think =) 

Re: My flower girl and ring barer ASAP HELP!!!

• I think first of all, it's spelled 'ring bearer,' as in, one who bears the rings, not barer -- he's not making them naked.

Second of all, anyone over the age of about seven should NOT be ring bearers or flower girls. Those positions are for little kids people will look at and say, 'aw, how cute.'

Six people on each side? For a total of twelve? Holy lord. Let these people be guests. Don't give them little kid positions in an effort to make them feel included.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I'd think this is really silly. I get wanting to include people but asking them to be in roles filled by children seems like you may be grasping at straws.
  • I also think it would be weird...there's really no need for either of those roles, they really just exist to show off cute kids.  If you're not having kids do it, there's just no point.  Can you have these friends be readers?  Or, really, if you already have six attendants each, one more isn't going to hurt.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    banana468 said:
    I'd think this is really silly. I get wanting to include people but asking them to be in roles filled by children seems like you may be grasping at straws.

Exactly this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd have to eye roll if I saw adults being ring bearers and flower girls.

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Just invite them to get ready with you. If you really want to honor them, get each a corsage too.
  • Do not ask them to be RB or FG!! If a friend of mine asked me, I would think they lost their marbles. If you want them to do something, ask them to do a reading.
  • Please don't.
  • I think it depends on how they feel. Who cares about ages.

I have a cousin who had two 50+ year old women as FGs and a 10-11-12ish-looking boy as RB.  I don't know any of the three so I don't know how they felt (although, I did hear from someone else that one of the ladies messed up being an FG as a little girl and was happy to "have another shot" so to speak) but I say, as long as someone is happy with the role they are playing, then there's no problem.

I did think it was a little funny and a little weird but whatever floats your boat.  It's not your problem if other people roll their eyes.

TL:DR - as long as the people involved are ok with it and aren't being pressured into saying yes, then it's fine.

• MissMollyMissMolly member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    lemclane said:
    I think first of all, it's spelled 'ring bearer,' as in, one who bears the rings, not barer -- he's not making them naked. Second of all, anyone over the age of about seven should NOT be ring bearers or flower girls. Those positions are for little kids people will look at and say, 'aw, how cute.' Six people on each side? For a total of twelve? Holy lord. Let these people be guests. Don't give them little kid positions in an effort to make them feel included.
    I was at a wedding this past weekend that had a total of 8 attendants on each side. You couldn't swing a Fendi bag without hitting at least one of them at any given time during that evening. It was by far the biggest damn WP I've ever seen!

ETA: There were also THREE head tables!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really have to de lurk for this post. Hi everybody!

My cousin did this to me. At the age of 22, she forced me to be her flower girl. I didn't know what she was planning until the morning of and when I tried to protest, she went bridezilla and got her mom (my aunt) to chew me out for upsetting her. It was really embarrassing and super inappropriate. Please don't do this to your buddies. I have a good sense of humor but even this was just way too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards