Snarky Brides
Options

NWR - I can't handle this

edited June 2013 in Snarky Brides
Responding to another thread I flipped out a little. So I'm going to repeat myself.

YouTube: "Same Love" and "Otherside," THEN watch "Thrift Shop" or Macklemore's other stuff. Then you are prepared to judge.

ETA: NWR.

Anniversary

Re: NWR - I can't handle this

• Options
    You can't handle the fact that some people don't like the same music as you? Like, it's seriously not ok?
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Um, I enjoy all his songs but I also recognize that other people can hate specific songs, such as Thrift Shop. the user you replied to stated she hated that specific song, not the artist.
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Is this followup from the Unpop Ops thread from over a week ago? 

ETA:  Yeah, what Moonlight said. She said she hated that song, not the artist. How is not liking a particular song judging an artist? I'm a die hard Madonna fan, but there are a couple of songs of hers I don't care for. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I don't understand this thread. I must have missed something.
  • Options
    In Unpop Ops, Weezy said she hated the song Thrift Shop. Dreamer apparently thinks this is a crime against the artist. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Well this might be the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen.  I don't like the artist mentioned at all, but that doesn't mean I'm a horrible person and is certainly not worth starting a brand new thread over.  Relax man.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Love for Simon and Garfunkle!  Though I had a recent dilemma involving them.  Mumford and Sons did a cover of "The Boxer" which I absolutely love but . . . I love the original better.  And I really like Mumford and Sons, and they did do a fantastic job.  Now every time I listen to the Mumford version, I just hear Simon and Garfunkle's version over it.

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    In Unpop Ops, Weezy said she hated the song Thrift Shop. Dreamer apparently thinks this is a crime against the artist. 

Uh  Seriously?  That is what this entire thread is about? How silly.
  • Options
    This is over Macklemore?

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I guess so.
  • Options
    EllaYoung said:
    Can I get some love for Simon and Garfunkle? Anyone? Flogging Molly? They Might Be Giants? Pixie? Jethro Tull? Dio?
    Love both of these! I had a TMBG tape (yes, tape) in my car in high school that was all I played for about 6 months. 
  • Options
    I may, or may not, have had too much wine last night.

Anniversary

• Options
    and that's a reason to fly off the handle at an internet community?

Anniversary
  • Options
    You think an exaggerated statement on a thread is flying off the handle at the "internet community?"

Anniversary

• Options
    smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    well most people consider TK an internet community so I am not quite sure why you used quotes. And based off of everyone else's responses to your thread, I am sure they agree with the flying off the handle an accurate description of what you had said/done. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I apologize if it genuinely upset you. I was an intentional exaggeration. Stupid cliches not withstanding, I am sorry it came across at too intense for you.

Anniversary

• Options
    I didn't really say that. I just said that your excuse for posting what you did was not really a plausible reason for what you did post. I think just because someone says that they don't like ONE SONG of a certain artist, nothing, whether being drunk or otherwise, validates your post. Also, this should not be viewed as some sort of crime against the artist, which you seemed to take it as. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Poppin tags!
  • Options
    @addieL73 this is probably a dumb question but what does poppin tags mean?
  • Options
    @Weezy56 I have no clue! I will look it up!
  • Options
    It means: Popping Tags basically means to go shopping. This is most often used when going clothes shopping. Popping tags refers the removing of price tags attached to clothing items. When these price tags are removed, they make a popping or snapping sound.
  • Options
    I feel so educated from this thread!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Only got $20 in my pockettt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Addie, thanks for clearing that up! Haha.

And just so everyone knows I do not dislike the message of his songs in any way. I'm not annoyed with the lyrics of course, I have just grown to hate the song from hearing it so much. That's all

• Options
    Ohh it just means shopping? I sort of assumed it meant to steal things! Ha.  You'd pop the tags off and take them.  Apparently I think the worst of people.
  • Options
    Yes, shopping.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards