Military Brides
Options

Greetings All

Hello, I am new to this site and also the military life :)

My husband and I just got married February 8th, and since he is stationed in Germany we did a double proxy wedding. I have always wanted a big wedding so we are planning the ceremony for when he gets back to the states. I already have a date set in mind and I am sticking to that date like rubber cement. I know in the military you can never plan, but I am a planner and its what I do. If he is deployed or his stay in Germany is extended we will change to accomodate for that but nothing else.

I have everything pretty much planned out in my mind of what I want (I have basically been planning it since I can remember) but I am having a really hard time finding bridesmaid dresses. I have tons of time so I know I should not be stressing over something this simple, but its a big thing to me and my dress is so unique / non-traditional that I have to find a bridesmaid dress that mimics it and isn't too modern. I found a picture on Google Images of a dress I loved but I have no idea who the designer is or where to find it on a website, it is extreamly frustrating.

I am not doing too much of the physical planning process, right now its all looking at pictures and putting ideas together since I have over two years and prices and styles will all change by the time I have the ceremony. Plus the plan is for me to join my husband in Germany as soon as possible so I don't want to have too much stuff to haul back and forth in the move. I just wanted to introduce myself to you ladies and let you know I would be roming these boards. Its great to meet all of you and I hope if I have any questions I will be able to find the answers here.

~:~ Tamizan

Re: Greetings All

• Options
    Hi and welcome.  My advice - stop looking at dresses.  You'll drive yourself insane, and a million things will change between now and then.  Also, you really shouldn't ask any BMs until at least a year from now (recommeded time is 6-9 months before the wedding but everyone is different).  But a million and one things can change between now and then (styles and price ranges being the least of your worries), so don't even look.  Even if you find the perfect dress you in no way can ask BMs to buy them this far out and they likely wouldn't be available when it's time to buy.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello and Welcome. I agree with Beach. 2 years is a long time, a lot can change by then. Don't stress yourself out now.
  • Options
    Ditto. The dresses will come, promise! I got our girls dresses about 6 months out. Congrats on your marriage! :)
  • Options
    If you look now there is probably also a chance that the dress will be discontinued by the time you are ready to order.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can look and get ideas - but i wouldn't look until you have BM's. I let my girls choose their dress. You might not - but it'd be good to have their input too, that way they like the dress that they have to buy and wear kwim? Look around - but definitely don't decide on anything until your about 9 months out, or 6 is even better.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thank you everyone :) I allready have my bridesmaids picked out, They are my sisters and best friends and have known they would be in my wedding since before I met my  husband. lol, yes it is to early to plan a lot of it, and I am trying not to stress it just gets frustrating when every other thing is figured out. My bridesmaids aren't all that helpful they say "whatever you want" or "I don't care" and don't really give all that much of an imput. I just really want to get ideas together now more than anything, I think I allready said that, but just so I know whats out there. The styles really wont change all that much and ever style I have come across just doesn't go with my theme. I think I am going to have to make them custom and if that is the case I really need to know budget wise. Most of my friends are still in school and I need to let them know as far in advance as possible of what the cost will be so they have the time needed to save up. But I do appreciate the advice, it is nice to meet you all.

~:~ Tamizan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards