Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Lancaster-Area Hair/Makeup

Any recommendations for a hair and makeup vendor who will come to a Lancaster-area site?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lancaster-Area Hair/Makeup

• Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I used Melissa McHugh for hair missymchugh@comcast.net

and then Jill Fulop/Face the Occasion for makeup jillfulop@yahoo.com

Patricia Solis is also highly recommended by a lot of brides, she was just a bit more expensive and needed a minimum of 4 people. 

• Options
    clg1213clg1213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks for the input.  I'm a second time bride and my prior wedding was in Atlanta....SUCH a different world in terms of reviews on the Knot boards.  But I don't miss the way it almost seemed cut-throat with people literaly rushing to get to a certain vendor's doorstep with a deposit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Trish Solice of Makeup by Trish is awesome.  She charged me 75 I think for a wedding I was in, in Jan.  Also makeup by Chelsea is awesome too!
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    Yeah this board is pretty dead, but from my experience there aren't a whole lot of hair and makeup people in the Lancaster area, unless you go to a salon. I highly recommend both of my vendors though, and I've never read a negative word about Patricia Solis.
  • Options
    clg1213clg1213 member
    I did find Solis in my google-fest yesterday....she's definitely pricey!!

I'm sending out emails to both your ladies.  I'm planning to gather a few in my email folder and then figure out where each lands pricewise.  I'm out in State College so I'm relying on reviews and a couple of other word-of-mouth sources for my vendors. 

While we're chatting.....Did you like your photographer?  My step-sister's friend is in LAN and does great work, but I want to look at a few.

Cheryl
    P.S.  Love Daria!!  Sad that a cartoon gets parts of HS that "regular" shows miss!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    I loved my photographer. We initially did an engagement shoot with someone else and were really unhappy, but I was very very pleased with his work and his price was very reasonable, for journalism-style. Matthew Wright/Fig Tree Photography. He's based closer to Philly but traveled to Lancaster for no additional cost. We had a lot of "rules" (H hates arbitrary black & white photos, I hate canted angle ones, I'm not a fan of super posed photos, or forced "romantic poses" or de-saturated color). And he listened to all our rules. He also has a great personality and energy. 

Melissa McHugh does hair and makeup btw, so depending on how many girls you have to do, you could just use her. She also might have more recommendations, she does a lot of photoshoots so she knows more people. Her makeup prices are definitely the lowest I've seen. I had already booked my M/U artist by the time I met Melissa, so that's why I only used her for hair. 
  • Options
    clg1213clg1213 member
    thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Patricia Solis is definitely higher but also offers airbrush with Melissa doesn't.  Plus I believe Melissa also works for Patricia at times for only hair.  I am pretty sure I saw something on facebook where they both talked about a wedding. 
  • Options

I did end up booking Melissa for hair.  I am using someone my mom knows (and has been made-up by) for makeup. 

I'll def post a review (well, if I remember since its still a while off!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards