Massachusetts

VENUE HELP!!!

I got engaged in December and we have been together FOREVER so we decided to have a short engagement and get married this Columbus Day weekend, October 6th, which left few open venues available... we paid a deposit at Valhalla/Quaboag Country Club in Monson MA but I can find NO REVIEWS anywhere online and we didn't love it.... we just setted because we assumed we had very limited choices.

Can anyone recommend ANY venues in the Sturbridge-Springfield area that would be less than $40 pp it would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be a smaller wedding, 80-100 people. Venues I liked that were unavailable were Salam Cross, Publick House and Ludlow Country Club.

(Or does anyone have anything to say abotu Quaboag Country Club, at all?)

Please help me, please, please... I need help.

Re: VENUE HELP!!!

• hgumulahgumula member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi hunny, 

Some places to try - Salem Cross Inn, The Public House, Spencer Country Inn. All of those can accomidate your budget - best of luck!!!
  • hunny84hunny84 member
    First Comment
    Thanks -- those are exactly the type of places I am looking for, unfortunately they are all booked for October 6th :(

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:6c953382-7feb-4732-bd72-79af01d74aa9Post:fcb9ef65-ba75-42c7-b485-c85dbb3bc761">Re: VENUE HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi hunny,  Some places to try - Salem Cross Inn, The Public House, Spencer Country Inn. All of those can accomidate your budget - best of luck!!!
    Posted by hgumula[/QUOTE]
  • That's a very popular time to get married in that part of the state! It's a little bit farther than Springfield, but what about Look Park in Northampton? They have a reception building too called the Garden House. very nice. Chandler's Tavern at Yankee Candle in Deerfield does small weddings too. The Sheraton or Marriott in Springifled hosts weddings. The Log Cabin in Easthampton, Forest Park in Springfield, Storrowton Village on the Big E fairgrounds does weddings. 
  • Hey there!   I would suggest looking at Quonquont Farm in Whately.  Their venue is gorgeous, but rustic, and you are able to bring in any caterer you want.  

Good luck!
  • You should check out The Lord Jeffery Inn, in Amherst. They just did a major renovation, built a new ballroom, and reopened in January. They have an outdoor space that you can have a ceremony on site as well. www.lordjefferyinn.com
     Smile

• Im having my wedding at The Log Cabin in Holyoke,MA the food is 13$ above your food budgt, but the log cabin really includes every, it's like the whole package! you have to get a DJ, your decor (of course) I don't know what your whole budgt is, but the log cabin is worth it. BREATHTAKING!!!!!  Another one I looked at was springfield Marriot, hotel northampton, lord jefferey inn, quonquont farm in Whatley. There is also Look Park. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about the Log Cabin on Mt Tom?  Lots of weddings there.  Also Mt Sugarloaf in S. Deerfield is really nice.  My bluegrass band is playing for a wedding there in June.

If you don't mind the drive up to Amherst there's the Red Barn at Hampshire College.  I was married there.  We loved it.  
  • Old Sturbridge Village, Zukas, Salem Cross?
  • Im getting married at Quonquont farm. Very beautiful but there are some things you need to know.

1. if its what you want move fast they book by amount of events so your date could be open but if they have already held a max number of events your sol I missed out on Oct 2012 because of this moved it to June 2013.

2. My pp cost is $37. because of the catering im using. There is added charges to rent,

3. you or caterer will have to get a liquor license. For now they are trying for one of their own

4 you would need wedding insurance

other things but wont go on. I feel in love ith the place and its worth it for me, but may not be for others

I looked at Summit view and it is reasonable its in Holyoke Ma

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards