Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Famous NOLA Taffy?

Good Morning Ladies! I think I am about to make it very apparent I am not a local with this post.  My sister in-law (who happens to be planning my shower) texted me this last night. 

“Is there some hind of popular taffy in New Orleans? My co-worker is asking me” 

I told her I couldn't off the top of my head think of anything. The only candy that I know they are known for is Pralines which just so happens to be part of our wedding favors with our second line handkerchiefs. (I mentioned that just in case if she is asking this for the shower in a sneaky way). Lol. 

I googled it and the only thing that came up a lot was Roman Taffy… is that what her co-worker was talking about or is there another type of taffy that NOLA is famous for that I am just not in the know of yet? Thoughts?

Re: Famous NOLA Taffy?

• Options
    Roman candy. They are sold off the street in a neighborhood somewhere in New Orleans. Horse and buggy type of thing. I believe they are also sold in the French Quarter.
  • Options
    I figured that had to be it... I'm surprised I never picked up on this before! Thank you so much for confirming that for me, I really appreciate it! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards