New Jersey

Makeup Longevity

Hi Everyone!

For my wedding makeup, I am getting it proffessionally done, and airbrushed. My makeup needs to be completed by 1 so that I can start my pictures, but my wedding is not until 4:30. I am afraid that the makeup will begin to wear off by then, so I'm asking how to prolong the airbrush longevity. I know that Sephora and Ulta sell a spray to put on after your makeup is done, and I asked my artist if she would use this, which she said "no".

Should I go and buy the spray myself and use it after she leaves? Or do you think the makeup will be fine without it? Or, does the spray not work on airbrush?

Thanks so much!!

Re: Makeup Longevity

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I got my airbrush makeup done around noon on my wedding day and my ceremony wasn't until 6pm. My makeup still looked great at brunch the next day. I think you'll be fine without it. 

• Honestly with airbrush you don't need to worry about longevity, it stays on the entire day. Anything else you put on top of it would actually make it look worse and actually ruin it -- you do not want that on your big day! That's most likely why your makeup artist refused. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • I will be fine with the airbrush. I had airbrush done for my friends wedding. We had it done at 11am by 11pm we still looked good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Thank you everyone for the help!  I guess I won't use it then!!!!!
  • edited June 2013

p.s.  Gorgeous picture rdr716! 

• I got my makeup done at 10 am. It still looked perfect at 3am when I had to scrub it off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have regular make up done for weddings and it lasted the whole day other than the lipstick and my make up artist gave me the lipstick to reapply through out the day as well as a puff of powder to reduce any shininess if it occurred.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards