Outdoor Weddings

wedding next june, HELP!!

want a garden wedding that not too expensive budget is 4000. all together!  its for about 65 ppl i want a late night wedding, and for the reception just looking to do for desserts and fruit, with drink( tea/ lemonade/beer/ and wine. and its on a friday the 13th. its a special day for us! 

Re: wedding next june, HELP!!

• i live near dallas/ fort worth texas. looking for something here! 
    true, i was just going for not having a full on meal there. 
    wedding start about 7:pm. 
  • i live near dallas/ fort worth texas. looking for something here! 
    true, i was just going for not having a full on meal there. 
    wedding start about 7:pm. 

1) I'd post on your local board for help with a venue

2) I think you're cutting it a little close on time.  If you don't want to serve a full meal, you should start later.  If people are working, they likely will not have time to go home and eat before your wedding.  Most will be there between 6:30 - 6:45, and not a ton of people eat before that time. You could end up with a lot of cranky guests.  I'd push it back an hour.

• I'd say 8pm or later since it's a week night and most people are trying to juggle your wedding with their work schedules. If you do it any earlier, I would be really clear that you're not providing a meal (i.e. "please join us for snacks and cocktails after the ceremony...") so people can plan accordingly. 
    *********************************************************************************

• want a garden wedding that not too expensive budget is 4000. all together!  its for about 65 ppl i want a late night wedding, and for the reception just looking to do for desserts and fruit, with drink( tea/ lemonade/beer/ and wine. and its on a friday the 13th. its a special day for us! 
    Absolutely start no earlier than 8pm.  Anything earlier would still be dinner time, especially on a Friday.  I would also consider adding some snacks (cheese/crackers, veggie platter, etc.)
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    June is a very popular time for weddings...so you need to get in contact with potential venues ASAP.  Depending on where you are located, it might be difficult to find an outdoor garden venue to host that many people for an evening/night wedding.  Many garden venues cater to daytime ceremonies/receptions.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You dont want people leaving early hungry, you want people staying and enjoying their time.  Maybe get catering from Famous Daves or a local bbq joint.  We were quoted $700 from famous daves bbq to serve 60 people and to have clean up and a buffet staff come in.  they also provide chaffing dishes and clean up plates afterwards. Food is always money well spent! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards