Texas-Houston
Options

Rustic Houston/Austin venues

I'm looking for a place that is rustic/barn like that is affordable. My budget is for some where that is less than $5000 with at least tables and chairs for approximately 125 people. If the venue includes more amenities then I feel more comfortable uping the budget. Unfortunately, most of the places I've contacted want at least $6000 with only tables and chairs. I'd like to do the ceremony outdoors and the reception indoors or outdoors. 
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Rustic Houston/Austin venues

• Options
    Have you looked at Pecan Springs?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_rustic-houstonaustin-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:b8adecf1-0d70-44da-8c35-8bff158bce11Post:46755961-92d4-48b5-995c-9bc8b21730a9">Re: Rustic Houston/Austin venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked at Pecan Springs?
    Posted by Greenapple1929[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm scheduled to see it on Friday. Have you been there? If so, what were your thoughts?

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting married in February at Cedar Bend Events.  Its in Cedar Creek, between Austin and Bastrop, just down the road from Hyatt Lost Pines.
    Jillian, the owner, is amazing and down to earth.  Her prices just went up, but they are still very very reasonable.  Her prices also include tables, chairs, linens, and lots of decor to choose from.
    And, FYI, I hired a day-of coordinator prior to finding my venue and meeting Jillian.  In hindsight, I would hire Jillian in a heatbeat to coordinate everything.  She's amazing and has lots of experience after working for Hyatt Lost Pines for several years.  Check her out!!!
    And I think her blog (link at the top of her page) lists the dates still available for 2013.
  • Options
    For Austin venues, try Kali Kate Event Pavilion and Texas Old Town.  Also, there are quite a few venues springing up in Dripping Springs, just west of Austin.
  • Options
      Las Brisas Farm 
  • Options
    Town Hall Texas in the woodlands will rent you the place for the whole day for $3750 (for 150) or they have an all inclusive for $6500 (+$15pp over 100) that includes food & dj.

Look into Tin Hall in Montgomery.

Pecan/Amber/Crystal/Brazos Springs are all owned by the same family. We looked into getting married there. Really nice & pretty. You have to set up everything the morning of but they will take down the tables & chairs after. They are all really nice but its kinda pricey in my opinion for renting just the place. Their prices differ depending on what month you choose.

Theres another one in Montgomoery - Rock Lake Ranch I think... Something Lake ranch... Its really nice too. Cant remember their price off the top of my head. That was like 6 months ago.

Good luck!! Finding an affordable rustic place around houston is hard
  • Options
    Las Brisas Farm- for sure!
    www.lasbrisasfarm.com
  • Options
    Do you have the phone number or any info on "The Barn" in Magnolia?
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Rustic Houston/Austin venues:[QUOTE]There is a new place in Magnolia "The Barn on 6th Street" opening up in MarchApril 2013. It is very reasonable and under that 5000.00 and will fit your 125 guest perfectly! Posted by llgwest8888[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Oak Tree Manor in Spring may work. It's very cute and right around your budget.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_rustic-houstonaustin-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:b8adecf1-0d70-44da-8c35-8bff158bce11Post:a1385024-8fc0-4fe1-880a-cad2f9a246b7">Re: Rustic Houston/Austin venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a new place in Magnolia "The Barn on 6th Street" opening up in March-April 2013. It is very reasonable and under that 5000.00 and will fit your 125 guest perfectly!
    Posted by llgwest8888[/QUOTE]
    Hey, I didnt want to hijack her post...but, Do you have any information on this place.  Sound interesting, but I couldnt find a website or anything. 
  • Options
    we live in houston and we are getting married at vista west ranch in dripping springs (about a half  hour west of austin). the venue is... gorgeous. and if a rustic/barn like venue is what you're looking for, that is it.

it is a little more expensive than what you mentioned, but it does include a lot. we are paying around $8000, but it includes tables/linens/chairs, DJ, bartender service (you pay for the alcohol, they have bartenders to serve), onsite manager, day of coordinator (BIG awesome inclusion), and other little things. not to mention, the venue itself has a lot of little decors like lanterns and chandeliers hanging from the trees, little signs and cute tables and chairs around the "barn", old cars and trucks out in the lawns. so honestly, a lot of decorating is not required so you'd save money there. the venue itself is decor enough.

that is the only venue we looked at, and it was it. i knew that looking at other places was going to be a waste of time because... nothing would compare. it is perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards