New Jersey - South
Options

WEDDING ON THE BEACH?? HAVE QUESTIONS,NEED ANSWERS!!!

Hello my name is Ashley and I have lived in cape may county my whole life, I am getting married May 2014 and we are still looking for a venue and possiblly a beach wedding. I am a chef by profession and I plan on catering my own wedding because, let face it Cape may venue want way to much money to cater an event and I am sorry I would be so upset having to shell out about 10,000 just for my food cost for 1 day, ugh the cheapest I have seen is 49.00 a head plus place tack on 2o% gratuity and 7% sales tax and that doesn't even include liquor!! Sorry my pockets aren't fat and I don't have someone paying my way. Any sorry to get off topic but I am looking for a budget of 5,000 that's my venue,food cost, and liquor. Thinking a beach wedding and having tents and chairs set up and having the food and liquor on the beach plus a dance floor. Anybody have any tips and price they would like to share? Thank you

Re: WEDDING ON THE BEACH?? HAVE QUESTIONS,NEED ANSWERS!!!

• Options
    First, I would call the town that you plan on having your wedding in.  You will need a permit to have your wedding on the beach and they may have many restrictions on the permit, like no tent or dance floor.  Of the beach weddings, I seen/been to, the ceremony only is held on the beach, the reception is elsewhere.  So before you get too far in your planning, start calling town clerks to see if its possible and what your permit fee would be.  Also, think about where your guests will use the bathroom.  Not all beaches have port-a-pottys, so you may end up having to rent one!

Depending on your guest list, you may be better off renting a big home on the beach/bay and having your wedding there.  You would still need a permit to have the ceremony on the beach.  There was a girl on this board who rented a huge home in Stone Harbor on the bay and had her wedding there.

Good luck in your planning!
  • Options
    I'm sorry but you're setting yourself up for failure.. Catering your own wedding? Are you aware of how much stress you're setting yourself up for? Not to mention how will that even work? You're gonna have to make the food days before cause you'll be so busy and then serving what is essentially leftovers at your wedding... Ew
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I applaud your creativity and enthusiasm! 

Before you go much further, I'd research and see if Cape May allows receptions on the beach or if there is a private beach club somewhere that you would be able to rent for the reception.

Keep us posted!
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have help :) and FYI don't let cataters, fool you you think they make all the food the day before? think about it.... .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards