Texas

Lubbock Dress Alterations

Hi-
I've bought my dress in Dallas and am getting married in Wisconsin, but live in Lubbock.  To avoid multiple trips to DFW, does any one know of a great wedding dress seamstress in Lubbock?  As much of a pain as it would be, I'd rather get it done in DFW and know that the lady works in the bridal shop if I can't find anyone in Lubbock with great recommendations.  (You only get one dress ya know, so I don't want to jack it up!) :)  Everyone I've spoke to suggested David's Bridal, but it's not a DB dress so they won't touch it.  Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Lubbock Dress Alterations

• I have the same issue. (Hi fellow Lubbockite!) Have you found anyone, by chance? I know one place in town that a friend went through, but she had a brdiesmaid dress done, not a gown, and they're a bit different.
  • I'm getting mine done by seamstress who works next to Bella Bridal in Lubbock (where I bought my dress).  I would ask them, since I can't remember her name.
    Cheers, Holly
  • I got my veil altered in Lubbock. There is a place called Sew Lovely that did a phenomenal FAST job and for a great price. I want to say the place is on Quaker. It is in a shopping center across from a Big Lots I think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2012
    I got my stuff done at Sew Lovely too. David's Bridal wanted to charge me $150 for something that Sew Lovely did for $100. Definitely saves the pennies. She's not done with it yet, but even during the Christmas season, she made time for me. I really appreciated it! 
  • I am moving to Lubbock and already have my dress. Who did you end up using to  your alterations and how did it turn out? Any advice would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards