Chit Chat
Options

Charlotte, NC - Suggestions for a day?

I've got about a day and a half to kill in the Charlotte area surrounding a wedding, any suggestions for some meals and may something casual to do?
image   imageimage
You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Charlotte, NC - Suggestions for a day?

• Options
    We go to Carowinds down there every year though I'm not sure that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

The shopping is also decent there. But that's compared to the other options in NC, so if you're not from here it may not be very exciting to you. lol

Tripadvisor is always my go to when I'm traveling though. 

Have fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Meal options are unlimited. There's the Cheesecake Factory but I only bring that up because we don't have one and Charlotte is actually the closest one to us (an hour away). You may have one close to you though. The Carolina Place Mall in Pineville just outside of Charlotte is wonderful. 
  • Options
    I used to live in Charlotte...  :)

If you are a NASCAR fan there is Charlotte Motor Speedway just north of Charlotte in Concord, next to the speedway is the Concord Mills Mall (outlet shopping) and several shops for the race teams.

There is Lake Norman to the northwest and I think there are some boat companies up there that can take you out on the lake.  Further north from Lake Norman is Mooresville home to the vast majority of NASCAR teams.

Downtown has several art museums (I've never been) and a science museum that I can't remember the name of.  

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Oh...  For meals...  :)

My favorite restaurant that I miss the most is a local chain called Showmars.  It is a Greek/American mix that has great diner like food.  My favorite is the pita burger (cheese burger in a pita with special sauce).

Concord Mills has a ton of restaurants nearby, mosty chains though.  Sticky Fingers has yummy BBQ.
  • Options
    I love Greek food I'll see if my people do too. Drool . Thx everyone
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    MuppetFan said:
    I love Greek food I'll see if my people do too. Drool . Thx everyone

I don't think Showmars is authentic, but everything I have had there has been good.  Let me know what you think!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards