Florida-South Florida

Officate to marry us..

Good Morning All!

I've been  MIA for a while, hope everyone is doing well and wedding planning is going well.

Have any of you booked your officiate to marry you? I was thinking of asking my cousin if she would marry us or having her husband marry us, then both went to school to be ministers.  If I ask her husband, do you think I have to ask her to be a bridesmaid, I was thinking I would ask her if I wanted to add a fourth girl, I'm still deciding, though not sure if she would accept me to ask her. If I do ask, and they say yes, how to we discuss payment, because I don't want to assume that it will be free just because we are family, and of course if it is free I would get them something as a thank you.

Hopefully what I wrote made sense, its sounds better in  my head, then on paper.

Re: Officate to marry us..

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I have mine he is my pastor at our church. But to answer your question I think that would be awesome to have a family member marry you all. I dont think because you asked her Husband that she is expecting to be a bridemaid.. (unless you want her to be one and have mentioned something like that to her before). I would ask the Cousin husband and then if he says yes, right there just bring up the money issue (I think its better to get it out the way then.. rather to let it linger and then you have to bring up the issue again.) 

It made snese.. hth

Daisypath - (PNE7)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards