August 2013 Weddings

Guest List Regret

Anyone else experiencing guest list regret now that the invites are out and there's no going back?  As a student I have several part time jobs, and the only one of my bosses/supervisors I ended up inviting is my graduate school adviser, who I frequently hang out with outside of our research commitments.  Just yesterday I was chatting with another one of my bosses, who is a super-nice woman that I just don't usually see outside of work, and started feeling hugely guilty.  I've been careful not to talk wedding with her, so hopefully she's not expecting an invite, but this sort of thing really brings out the worrier in me.  Tell me I'm not crazy?

Re: Guest List Regret

• Yeah I feel similar.  I didn't invite anyone from my office, and I have been here for 3 years.  I just didn't want the guest list to get out of hand since it was already near 200, and my wedding is a few hours from where I live/work.
  • We only included one coworker from my old workplace, since we both just started new jobs recently it hasn't been to much of an issue. My parent's church on the other hand has been awful! They've gone there my whole life but with our small guest list we only invited the families closest to us. I've been dodging wedding questions on facebook for weeks.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We invited family and our closest friends and it was double what could fit in our venue. How do you pick between your best childhood friend and your best friend you talk to every week? I would say it's been the hardest part of planning so far, especially since all of our friends are married with kids. We'll have a small intimate wedding but 30 people we don't even know because of spouses coming. We also had to say no kids. Our venue fits 80 and we had 50 kids on the original list!

I think at one point we were wondering why get married if people we care about can't even come, but we made our list and the hard reality is there's just no room. We can't cut grandparents and siblings we care about. 

I remember this happening with my best friend. She got married and could only invite family and it really hurt for awhile wondering why I couldn't just show up at the beach and not eat the food. But we're closer than sisters and it's water under the bridge. 

People who have had weddings probably understand what it's like to have to choose and conform to money and space. So I think the people you couldn't invite will understand. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have this both ways - I didn't invite anyone that I work with, currently, other than my boss. He's unable to come though. There is one newer at work friend that I've met, and I know she would come and I feel partly guilty for not inviting her, but it's just hard to tell with people you don't know that well.

I've invited 2 people that I used to work with, and they're coming. We have also invited a few people that we aren't super close with thus, putting us over our originally planned headcount of 50, we're closer to 70 at this point. It's not a big deal, we're just going to have to pay for the extra people.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards