August 2013 Weddings
Options

A week of checks

Finished getting all table decorations today! Feels exciting to buy pretty things with FI after the rough guest list weeding. This week we shopped around for suits and tuxes, looked for his wedding band and bought it, registered at Macy's, and finalized our guest list. We wanted to be under 100 and we're at 115. Much better than the 202 we had last night. Tomorrow we're going to 3 cake tasting shops and picking one. Our first choice was completely booked all of Aug. Our invitations should be here any day now and I'm eager to get those all addressed. My goal next week is to send those out and find a petticoat. I can't do my first alterations until I find one.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A week of checks

• Options
    Wow, you are very on top of things! Good job!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. I lucked out and a friend happened to know where to get petticoats, so I ordered mine tonight. 

I've been feeling bad for my FI because he's been helping me plan things everyday and I knew we'd be doing cakes all day Fri. He works nights afterwards. This morning he text me and said "I miss you! What are we planning today?" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw that's so sweet! Hopefully he will enjoy the cake part anyway, mine did!
  • Options
    Mine loved the cake part too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed.  Cake was definitely my FI's favorite part.  Don't feel bad about your FI helping you plan things everyday.  It's his wedding too, so he should be involved.
  • Options
    My fiancé loved the cake tasting! I actually took a step back and let me pick the design of our cake! We have both been fully involved in the wedding planning.. This past wed was a day of paying everyone. Cake, caterer, reception spot and open bar essentials . Its sad to see that amount of money being dished out at such a rapid rate but im excited for the wedding/reception..We're on a roll. Less than 2 months to o!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We got such a sugar rush, ha. I'm going to let him pick the flavors and he picked some really great ones. I was thinking chocolate and more chocolate but he picked more of a variety and it all tasted amazing. My profile pic is a cake I saw in a magazine over 10 years ago, so I'm glad he loved it. We'll just do it shorter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

MY FI liked the cake tasting part too. It's funny the things he's interested in, in regards to wedding planning. He definitely cared about the colors.

This week we sent out our invitations, sent off our final vendor checks to the DJ, makeup/hair artist and florist - so our wedding is completely paid in full, in terms of vendors. I ordered my BM/Flower Girl dresses and they will be here Tuesday. Sent my list to my BM for my Bridal Shower and Bachelorette parties. We bought my bands and FI's band.

We're going tomorrow to buy the Bridesmaid's gifts and plan on buying the groomsmen gifts next week.

I just finished my final details packet for the venue and also did a rough draft of my timeline.

I still need to get the flower girl basket and the petals that she'll be using and figure out my jewelry. I have my first fitting tomorrow for alterations.

Seems like it's all coming together :) And I'm an official mailbox stalker.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards