August 2013 Weddings
Options

Groomsmen!

So, almost everything is taken care of for our August 10th wedding, except the men have not even looked at tuxes? I have been antsy about it... can someone tell me how late is too late? Its bothering me a little more because, together FI and I have 4 boys, who all need fitted. I want to know what kind of prices we are looking at... is it unreasonable that FI is stressing me so much? Maybe I need to be patient....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groomsmen!

• Options
    Ambybambi1125Ambybambi1125 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Don't freak out, I know where we went for tuxes said they can order them in as little as 30 days. This has been a source of stress for us as well, but I wish we would have waited until a little closer to the wedding do have done it. You def have time. Our price range (we looked at two places) were from $150-$220. That was for tux, vest, tie, shoes. Good luck!
  • Options

Thanks! Maybe I will back off of FI for a bit. my main concern is the pricing, like I said. I found a place where I can buy suits for our boys, was just trying to find the cheapest way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got our suits at jos a bank for about $220 a suit. All of the guys were super happy because even though it was slightly more than a tux they get to keep the suit! 
  • Options
    Thats an idea too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We also went with suits.  We let everyone pick their own black suit, so if they had one they wouldn't have to purchase.  My oldest brother already had a nice black suit, and my FI and his brother got really nice suits at Macy's for less than $150 each.
  • Options
    hockeywife10hockeywife10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I think that he actually wants suits... we saw a sign at Peebles that says they start at $59.99. They are gonna try there first, he finally got ahold of his brother and told him, no more excuses, we are gonna get this done! They are sopposed to goTuesday, so we will see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiancé and the groomsmen went to mens wearhouse and their price for a rented Calvin Klein tux/suit is $179 including tax. All they require is 30 days and $20 deposit .
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well... they went to Peebles and they got suits for around $90. I did have a breakdown though, BM wouldn't answer messages and never showed up, and GM #1 realized AT THE FITTING, that his parents 50th anniversary party was from 4-6 on our wedding day! Our ceremony is at 4... I offered to even change our day, just for him, because he is so important to FI, but GM #1 said no. He said he will be at the reception, and finds it neat that we are getting married on his parents 50th. I am just so upset that BM didn't care enough to even say, hey, I can't make it and now the other dropping out... Maybe I'm a little more stressed than I thought I was!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't blame you, that is stressful! I think it's a guy thing...my bridesman made a fb post today asking if anyone wanted to see Zac Brown band with him on our wedding night!
  • Options
    I don't blame you, that is stressful! I think it's a guy thing...my bridesman made a fb post today asking if anyone wanted to see Zac Brown band with him on our wedding night!

Ughhh.. I know how most guys are about weddings, but it sucks when they agree and forget the date!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Seriously.  Now that I think of it, I left a sort of "joking" reply to that FB post but maybe I should call to make sure he doesn't buy tickets.
  • Options
    Seriously.  Now that I think of it, I left a sort of "joking" reply to that FB post but maybe I should call to make sure he doesn't buy tickets.
    Yeah, you probably should!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Crisis averted-he didn't buy tickets AND booked a hotel room.  Good thing there aren't too many other country fans in my crowd!
  • Options
    Ha oh man!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Crisis averted-he didn't buy tickets AND booked a hotel room.  Good thing there aren't too many other country fans in my crowd!

Good thing!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We're getting our tuxes for about $80 each and my FI's is free. Sometimes based on the number of rentals, you get deals. We are renting them through the Tux Shop. They need all of the guys to be fitted by 30 days before our wedding to ensure everything arrives on time.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome deal Tiffany! Ours were $150 and that was the cheapest one, on sale. FI had his heart set on Jos. A Bank based on prior renting experiences, but its definitely pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards