Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Vegetarian dishes to serve at my wedding.

I'm a vegetarian, I've been since February and I don't plan on going back to meat ever. I want to have a few vegetarian dishes on my wedding day. I'm having my wedding at my aunts ranch. My entire family loves meat and so does my fiancés family. What kind of dishes can I serve that are vegetarian that they will all love. Ps I will be having some meat dishes for the meat lovers.

Re: Vegetarian dishes to serve at my wedding.

• You should get the old, first martha stewart boook. Then anything with mushrooms, tofu. Food network is a great source for recipes. I just saw a great last week. Mushrooms, tofu, and rice are some great options. Vegetables that stuffed with great creams do well. Musrhoom made out of mini pizza with vegetables and a greats souce. Breaded tofu is another filling option.

• What kind of foods do you like to eat?  What else are you serving at the wedding?  Are you working with a caterer?  

We served vegetarian food and fish at our wedding, and the vegetarian stuff was: vegetable strudel (vegan), white lasagna w/spinach and artichoke, porcini mushroom purses, and several vegetable sides.  

I have also had risotto cakes, vegetarian wellingtons, stuffed peppers, and grilled vegetable stacks at weddings and liked those options. 
  • edited June 2013
    For vegetarians we had:

three-cheese tortellini
    green salad with apple, walnut, & blue cheese
    fruit and cheese displays
    spinach and artichoke dip
    Mediterranean station with customizable orzo pasta skillets (w/ options like feta, sundried tomato, olives, veggies, etc.), hummus, baba ganuj, falafel

We had no vegans in attendance, but if we had I would have added a couple vegan options as well.   I am not a vegetarian, but I had numerous guests who were that came up and specifically commented that they appreciated having so many choices. 
  • Dishes involving eggplant or mushrooms (especially portobellos) are usually hits with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian crowds - they have a "meaty" texture that tends to appeal.
  • Well my family is going to do all the cooking. I will probably have to teach them some vegetarian recipes and show them how to cook it. But everyone had amazing suggestions! I love the mushroom ideas, because I absolutely love portabella mushrooms. Thank you all!
  • PPs have great ideas!  Here's a few more off the top of my head:

-Anything with pasta is awesome (I love a good veggie lasagna)

-Eggplant Parmsean

-Twice-baked potatoes

-Spinach pie

-Meatless chili.  Maybe a little messy for a wedding, but it's so good!

• We are two days into getting RSVP cards back and have had a ton of non-vegetarians choose our veggie option, butternut squash ravioli. So far it's beating prime rib!

• We are two days into getting RSVP cards back and have had a ton of non-vegetarians choose our veggie option, butternut squash ravioli. So far it's beating prime rib!
    Mmmm butternut squash ravioli! I would have totally chosen that too! Sounds delicious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards