Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Texas & Pacific station

I guess first of all I should say HEY FOLKS! I'm just getting the ball rolling on this wedding planning business. 

My question is have any of you looked at the Texas & Pacific Station in Fort Worth as a venue? I'm totally in love with this building, but with it behing such a historical marker i would assume they probably have some pretty crazy rules. I haven't had a chance to really look into it yet, but figured if any of you ladies could give me a little insight that would be awesome.

Re: Texas & Pacific station

• Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm a little late on this response, but we considered the T&P. There weren't really any crazy rules other than you had to have pads between all furniture and the marble floor (so as not to damage it). I'm not sure if they provide those or not, but I'm assuming they do since they provide the tables and chairs. The only other thing (that was kind of a bummer to me) was their strict policy on no music/noise after 11 PM due to the fact that it's a residential area (there are lofts above). Most people probably wouldn't mind this, but I really wanted the flexibility to have a late party. It really is a gorgeous space though.

Pricing in 2012 was $2500 for 5 hours on a Saturday. HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    The T&P was one of my top two choices, though I didn't end up going with them. So gorgeous and unique! They did have a few rules, but honestly not that many. I think they require you get event insurance due to historical space. One negative is that the bathrooms are across the breezeway from the lobby/event space and they are public restrooms for the train station. One huge perk was that they give you the key day before and you have the entire day to set up the space-no restrictions! The downside to this is you have no one there to assist if there is a problem. Another negative (for me)- the chairs they provide are metal folding chairs (unless they have upgraded in past 3 months, which they said could happen) so I was going to have to rent garden or chivari chairs-extra expense. I'm sorry but that space is way too formal and beautiful to use metal folding chairs! Also I read that the sound quality is not good-lots of echo with the high ceilings, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards