Second Weddings
Options

Father or Son walk me down the isle... tough one.

This is my FI first marriage and my second. My Father, who is still living, gave me away at my first wedding. My son, who will be 16 shortly after the wedding, is who I really want to walk me down the isle. However, I don't want to exclude my Dad either. Having them both walk me down on each arm feels awkward. Any suggestions on how to incorporate both of them into this tradition?

Re: Father or Son walk me down the isle... tough one.

• Options
    Son walk you down the aisle, father dance with you at the reception?
  • Options

Are you doing any sort of unity ceremony that your son could be included in?  FI and I both have children - we're doing a sand ceremony to symbolize that we're all one family now...

Another thought - could he be one of FI's GM?

Take care,

Kim

• Options

Maybe have your dad walk you half way down, you are met by your son there who completes the walk? This symbolizes the earlier and later parts they played in your life.

I don't think your dad will feel excluded. But I'd talk to him rather than guess.

• Options
    I had my dad and 2 sons all walk me down the aisle.

Cleaning up unicorn messes!
  • Options
    LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Both!! My father passed in July but I have 3 sons, 29, 23, & 15 years old. I couldnt pick just one!   Each one will be walking my down the aisle. I am "dividing" the aisle in 3...each son will walk me for a bit and "hand me off" to the next and my youngest will finish and "hand me off" to my FI. Having asked each of them already, gives me 3 of my happiest memories...they each cried....so special!

I am also planning on having a 3 "part" bouquet and when each son "joins me" they will hand me a part of my bouquet.

I am so happy with this idea and cant wait to have each one by my side. A little bit of heaven between the 2 of us!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    I am having my son walk me down the aisle, and if my father would like to dance with me at the reception, that's what we will do. (I say this because he currently isn't speaking to me because I do not get along with my sister. I've moved on; he hasn't.)

I feel it's important for my son to do this because it's part of us coming together as a new family. My daughter is a bridesmaid and will precede us in the processional. They are 13 and 10.

It's not an easy decision. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards