Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dueling Pianos

Has anyone had dueling pianos at their reception?  I am looking into two companies that say they do alot of Chicago weddings, but I have never been to one.  I think it would be fun, but I am wondering if anyone else has some perspective.
Thanks!

Re: Dueling Pianos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never seen this. I kind of think it would be out of place at a wedding. 
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be really fun for a reception, but maybe only for an hour or so?  I feel that it'd take awhile some of the focus of the reception to be to celebrate your ceremony/marriage
  • Options
    gilloglygillogly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've seen dueling pianos work amazingly well. The first time we saw it I thought this will be BORING! But they had everyone going for 4 hours. When they took a break, they played an i=pod for some of the dance hits. 

Another time a dueling pianos group brought in a drummer and a female singer. The parents loved it and so did the Grammas and the kids. I would say it worked. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any idea who the comapny was?  I am really hopefull that it would be a success.  I am looking at two companies now, and don;t know how to choose.
  • Options
    gottadance64gottadance64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea - thought about the same thing for my own reception. Every time I've been somewhere there are dueling pianos, everyone has a ball. It's a wide range of music and fun!
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to wedding reception that had them and it was the most fun we have ever had. My daughter is gettig married and we are going to book dueling pianos.
  • Options
    Lesley85Lesley85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also thinking about having dueling pianos.  I've talked with someone from Midwest Dueling Pianos and they will offer a DJ, bass, and drums in addition to the two pianos.  I have called Howl at the Moon twice but no one called me back.  Has anyone tried either of these? 
  • Options
    If you're in the Midwest, check out Felix and Fingers.  They played my friend's wedding and I'm currently having them quote out mine.  Definitely have great reviews on The Knot :)
  • Options
    we are having 176 keys. they are based out of arizona but they travel the country.  price wise they were average, and they are SUPER RESPONSIVE TO EMAILS.  like i think the owner has OCD, if you email him you will hear back within an hour.   So far a Great experience working with them, i know they are doing to do a great job at our wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards