July 2013 Weddings
Options

Groomsmen Gift

We're totally stumped on this - what is your FI giving his groomsmen???
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Groomsmen Gift

• Options
    My FH is really running with this - he's doing something different for each guy, based on inside jokes, etc. He's going to get them all a nice pair of cufflinks though, as their "big" gift. They all know Joel, and to him, cufflinks are a big deal - so it makes sense for him to get those for them!

I've seen some really awesome things done at other weddings though! My brother got each groomsman a pair of Oakleys, with the bestman getting a slightly different pair. I've seen those pub signs made with the last names of the groomsmen on it, super cool!

• Options
    He is thinking about getting them all a particular golf club. They are all into golfing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I saw some cool ideas on pinterest! Engraved knives, cigars, small bottle of liquor, ties for the ceremony, etc
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • Options
    my fiance ordered a multi-tool knife and had their initials engraved on it (from theknot shop) and a 50 caliber bullet made in to a bottle opener! (from thinkgeek.com)
  • Options
    @thekorsans - thanks for the website thinkgeek.com...We found a product we heard about when living in SoCal and ordered for everyone (his brothers are the bestmen, and mine our "men of honor").  
  • Options
    FI got 4 of the 5 nice tackle boxes and a few lures because they like fishing. The one that doesn't like fishing is a huge Packers fan and hangs out with his neighbors drinking beer a lot so we got him a packers cooler to hold his beer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are still undecided. I am going to text him now. I know he wanted to do something individualized for each of them.
  • Options
    They are all huge UofM football fans so he's getting them tickets to a game and will throw a tailgate party the day of. Just so they have something to open (tickets go on sale after the wedding) I've made UofM Window Decals for their cars and etched beer mugs with their names. 
  • Options

FI and I are getting each member of the WP something different that suits their personalities.  We haven't figured out everyone's yet.  One example-one of his guys is REALLY into physical fitness and weight training.  We bought him 2 jump ropes-one that's weighted and the other is for speed.  We know he's going to love it and use them all the time.  Another one of the guys is a HUGE Red Sox fan, so we'll be getting something along those lines for him.

I think that individualized gifts are the best ones!  It can be a stressful process to find the right one, but it will be worth it!

• Options

FI is giving his guys each a different pair of sunglasses from this etsy shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop/tumbleweedshandcraft 

They gave us a SWEEET discount since it was for a wedding party and he got me a pair of heart shaped sunglasses too :-)

I think he's also going to give them each a little mini booze with the sunglasses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    He's getting the GMs shoulder bag coolers that hold 6 packs. I think he's also going to fill them with local St. Louis brews. They will have their initials on them. Even if they don't drink much they can still use them for hunting etc.
  • Options
    My fiancé is getting each of his groomsmen a leather wallet :)
  • Options
    We're totally stumped too. It's causing me a little bit of anxiety. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He picked out matching Fossil watches for them.  The Fossil outlet was having a BOGO half off sale... so yay!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    @chels&Jimmy we decided on Olloclips,  its a company out of SoCal that makes a macros, wide angle and fish eye lens that attach to the iPhone 4/4S/5.  We thought they were really cool and can't wait to use the one we got our for us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards