August 2013 Weddings
Options

Rehearsal Dinner - Invitations

I can't decide between sending out invitations via snail-mail or doing an Evite.

How are you inviting your WP/Family to your rehearsal dinner?

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Invitations

• Options
    lisabeatslisabeats member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I included invitations to the RD with the wedding invitations. I just thought it would save on postage, and the people who were invited to both could plan ahead. I feel like e-vites are becoming more common, but I don't know if they are considered proper etiquette, and I am personally more old fashioned when it comes to weddings. I would also be wary of things getting sent to the spam box, and making sure that everyone has e-mail/internet access. The thought of getting everyone's e-mail address (including SOs, etc.) seems unnecessary at this point!

ETA: I'm not 100% including them in the regular invitation envelope is proper etiquette either. Ship's sailed either way now!
  • Options
    I am doing paper invites (I love wedding stationary!) but from what I've heard email or phone calls are totally acceptable for RD invites. I would just follow up if you're not sure how into email people are.
  • Options
    I think my FMIL is going to use word-of-mouth for the in-town guests and possibly paper invites for out-of-town guests because they'll need maps. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Im just telling them 
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Fmil is sending out paper invites, she is super excited to be planning it and wanted to do paper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we're just going to do word-of-mouth/phone calls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to send out paper invitations as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are including rehearsal dinner invites with our out of town gift baskets.  Our wedding is on a Saturday evening, so most people who are staying at the hotel aren't checking in until Saturday. The wedding party and close family/friends (who are all invited to the rehearsal dinner) are the only ones checking in Friday, so they will get invites with their baskets as they check in. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards