Rhode Island

Do affordable waterfront venues exist?

Hello! I have been looking for a venue to hold my ceremony & reception for a few months now. We'd love to have the venue overlooking a beach or lake. I've been looking at venues all over new england, but love RI and don't know of many venues since we live in CT.

I'd prefer to stay away from something traditional or like your normal reception hall or large hotel. We're hoping to have an outdoor ceremony (but a good backup plan in case of rain, since you never know here!) and probably indoor reception. We have a tight budget.. trying to stay around $10,000, so the plates would have to be $75 or under. Surprised I'm a designer, so I'll be making my invites and decorations with my fun and crafty FMIL to save costs there.
Maybe a nice restaurant or small inn, as they don't seem as likely to include venue costs? We have a lot of family coming from several states so it would be nice to put them in a desirable town for the night. Doesn't have to be newport or anything, but the CT venues I have been able to afford aren't in the safest areas.
Any suggeestions? Please help :)

Re: Do affordable waterfront venues exist?

• I'm not sure if they'd fit in your budget, but check out bed and breakfasts, especially in Narragansett. They're not necessarily ON the beach, but most are VERY close and right near by. The costs will vary greatly depending on time of the year as well obviously. Depending on the size of your guest list, that may be a great option for you! Best of luck.
  • Check out Bristol Harbour Inn/Dewolf Tavern in Bristol, RI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second Dewolf Tavern, beautiful venue! I would also check out the Waterman grille. The Boathouse restaurant in Tiverton is lovely too. Another bride was looking for a budget friendly venue with beach or water views. Check the link below for more recommendations. 

• Check out Mount Hope Farm
  • ^ Mount Hope uses outside catering which means there will be additional cost to incur and therental rates are on the high side.
  • I may have already suggested this but the Windjammer in misquamicut/westerly is doing weddings and may be an affordable option to consider. There is also paddy a and the Andrea which are non traditional but right on the beach. GL!
  • Check out the Village Inn in Narragansett. It's a hotel, right across the street from the town beach!! I've booked my wedding there and I love it. Good luck
  • Harborside in East Greenwich. It is right on the water and they offer indoor, outdoor, or a mixture. I have a friend that had a wedding there and she loved it!
  • I'm getting married on a Farm in Hopkinton ( southern RI). Its tented, very reasonably priced and on a beautiful lake and farm grounds. You do have to get your own catering, but the venue provides tent, tables, chairs, dance floor and linens. And the woman, Andrea, has been really great to work with. It looks like the site is down at the moment but its solitudesprings.com and her email is  solitudesprings@yahoo.com.

I also agree with Waterman grille depending on the size - I have been to 2 weddings there, it was very nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards