Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Labeling the cakes?

We're planning on having a traditional wedding cake that will be fairly small, a groom's cake and then three other cakes that will be center pieces. All of them will be different flavors with different fillings. I want to label each cake with what flavor and filling it has. (Which I figured was a good idea because of allergies.) One of my friends suggested that we come up with names for each of them that have to do with what flavor they are, which I thought was cute. (Like... Chocolate Cherry Dream or something) But... I can't come up with anything that doesn't sound goofy or corny or just plain stupid to me. Can anyone help me with something creative? Or should I scrap this idea?

One cake is Champagne with Fruit filling, the second one is Chocolate Cherry with Almond filling on one layer, and Dark Chocolate with Baileys filling on  the top layer, and the third cake is Banana Cake with Nutella filling on the bottom, and Chocolate Cake with Banana Mouse on the top layer. The wedding cake is a bunch of different combination of nuts: almond, pistachio, pecan, etc. (My Mom had so many wonderfully inappropriate suggestions for this one, haha!) The groom's cake is butter cake with tiramisu filling. 

Any ideas? Or should we just label them with what flavors they are, and call it a day?

Re: Labeling the cakes?

• Yum - your cakes sound delicious!  I agree with PP - just label them by flavors

• I'd just label them by flavors.  Please ship me some of each!  (Just kidding, they do sound delicious.)
  • Jen4948 said:
    I'd just label them by flavors.  Please ship me some of each!  (Just kidding, they do sound delicious.)
    LOL! There is going to be SOOOOO much left over. Stop on by, haha! I actually bought 50 cake boxes and put labels on them that said "Cake Away Boxes. For our guests, who really take the cake!" (They are so freaking adorable!) Hoping that people will take some of it so FI and I won't have to worry about storing it somewhere.

Ok, ladies, I think you're right. I'll just label them with what flavors they are. 

Thanks for the feedback! 
  • Does your wedding have a theme or specific style to be used for the labeling?

A friend of mine got married a few months ago and his (now wife) is a professional baker. They had non traditional cakes so they had mini chalkboards, whos frames they painted white (to match their minimalist decor), in front of every cake with the actual name. It looked so elegant even though it was simple... Just keep it simple! They're cakes, they're yummy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards