Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Aisle decorations?

Hello all!

I'm getting married at the Scottish Rite Cathedral in New Castle, PA and I'm looking at how to decorate the aisle there. Preferable without more floral arrangements (any ideas are welcome!). I was thinking about flower petal designs and I've seen lots of neat designs online with the flower petals made into designs going down the aisle (http://pinterest.com/pin/520095456936762341/). My question is though, has anyone used it or seen it used? Is the design ruined after being waked on? Does the train drag the petals? I don't want to end up at the end of the aisle with all of the petals under my dress!

Re: Aisle decorations?

• Hello!  I've seen the petal designs you were describing and they are just gorgeous!  Before going too far with the design, have you checked with your venue to see if you can use a petal runner?  Some venues may not allow it because it is considered "a mess" no matter how beautiful.  I have never seen the petal aisle in real life, but I drooled over the Pinterest pictures!  I think the design may get ruined if you choose something elaborate.  The petals will move and your dress may drag them a bit but by how much would depend on the weight of your dress and length of your train. If you simply filled the entire aisle with petals, it wouldn't matter if the dress dragged it at all.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Make sure the church allows you to do this. We were married at St. Paul Cathedral in Oakland and they didn't allow anything on the aisle - not even an aisle runner.
  • Thanks ladies!! I sent an e-mail and asked, we'll see!
  • cma212cma212 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Pinterest drives me crazy with their wonderful ideas! I am planning on doing petals on the side for the simple fact that I don't want to have a trail of petals underneath my dress. I think those intricate designs are for people who do not have trains or are wearing short dresses. Also, if you are able to I am thinking of using silk petals because they are just going to be thrown away. I was just at a wedding that had the flowers along the aisle and as soon as people were out if the area they swept them up and threw them away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards