Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Well bye bye to my moderator duties...

Apparently TK has decided moderators are expendable.  Just received this, sent to all mods:

Hi Everyone!

I’d like to start off by saying a big THANK YOU for volunteering to be a moderator of our community boards! We appreciate the contribution you have made to our Community and enjoyed having you as a part of the team.

Since we have changed our roles in the office and have someone fully focused on community- its functionality and its members- we have decided to gradually remove the moderator roles effective today.

With the board updates, our administrators are able to fully monitor the boards. Flagged posts will come directly to our team to review and will be very active on the boards watching activity. We will also be available on private messages and via email at messageboards@theknot.com.

The Knot administrators will now have their own home base board where there will be announcements and general conversation. This is also going to be a new board where users can contact us instead of just paging us if there is a question or issue -- Knottie Help.

We ask and hope that you continue to be active in the community – enjoy the boards without the moderator responsibility!

All members will have the ability to anonymously report posts that will now come directly to our attention. Keep in mind that we will review and take appropriate actions. The Knot will keep records of all reported posts and handle abusers of this privilege individually.

In addition to flagged posts, we will continue to address any violations of our Community Rules, located here: http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx

Posts that should be reported are:

Spam- Any posts advertising services

Harassment- If you feel a user is harassing a member to an extreme level.

Online Vandalism- Posts designed to raise a user’s post count.

Personal Information- Any post where a person’s personal information is being given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email address, work information, etc.

Impersonating Other Members/Knot Employees- Any username designed to be a copy of another user’s name or Knot Employee.

Should you have questions about a post before reporting it or need help with anything else, please feel free to send an administrator a PM, tag us in a thread or email messageboards@theknot.com .

As we transition over the next few days you may notice that your name may still be listed as a board moderator – that will eventually be removed as we update the system. The ability to moderate will be completely removed today.

Like with any change, we understand that this will be something that all members of the Community will need to adjust to. Should you have any suggestions or questions, please contact us.

We are constantly working on ways to improve the Community experience and depend on your input!

Thank you for your understanding and patience – and THANK YOU for all you have done!

All the best,

KnotPorscha

KnotIrene

KnotJackie

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Well bye bye to my moderator duties...

• Options
    Boooo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I hope you stick around tho!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Boo! I dont think they will be able to keep up in the end. This isn't a good move for the boards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Booo. That's is disappointing. They need to leave stuff alone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yea, I think this is a bad move on TK. This decision should've been on a forum by forum basis. VG duties went above and beyond his regular mod duties. I believe that this forum along with other speciality forums need a person that is knowledgeable about the subject. Having him here helps the newbies get started and keeps traffic/posts up.
  • Options
    sunni96sunni96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper First Answer
    Absolutely right jccswl! He has helped so much and is too valuable for this board to lose him. Please stay around VG, we need you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I still have 11 months before my wedding I'm sure I'll need more tips and advice! Stayyy VG
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Nooooooooo! This is horrible!
  • Options
    @Vegasgroom

Not cool at all of TK. Mods put in a lot more time and effort than the knot gods to keep boards as a happy place. I really do hope you stick around as the Vegas resource for most everything. Everyone here, past and present appreciates how much you've done.
  • Options
    Pleeaasssseee stick around VG

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    so now that we have no MOD there is a spammer o n the budget/diy board advertising FAKE passports and crap I don't wanna see that S**&& again. 
  • Options
    so now that we have no MOD there is a spammer o n the budget/diy board advertising FAKE passports and crap I don't wanna see that S**&& again. 
    Don't worry, the 'full time' TK community person will be sure to deal with it on... I'm guessing Tuesday given that it's a holiday weekend? ROFL

• Options
    This is BS. On many boards, the mods do much more than moderate spam/abuse. They also engage people in conversation, keep the board active, and (on the local boards) act as a local expert for those planning weddings from out of town.

Maybe they can change it to "board leader" or something. It seems silly to strip people of that role when everyone is used to it.
  • Options
    That's rotten, your posts and site have been a great source of knowledge to me over the past nine months. You must put a huge amount of effort and time in. I think the board has quite a community feel to it, I wonder if that will be lost over time without your watchful eye and contributions as moderator.
  • Options
    That totally sucks VG!!! You are very good at it.  Well hopefully you'll stay and chime in with all your knowledge!
  • Options
    I agree with all of the above!  And, I'm just under 2 months until my wedding, so I know I'll have a million questions.  Booo.  I hope our new mods know the hotels, places to go, eat, party and all the extras that VG did!  It just won't be the same regardless... :(
  • Options
    Even though it still says moderator at the top of the board we no longer have any access to do anything; I can't even sticky posts anymore.  Anyway, I plan to stay around, I just think it was sh*tty the way they're treating people who have devoted years of time to their respective boards.  I also think it's going to result in more problems; for example, a different board had someone posting fake passport scam advertisements Friday night and it took until this morning when a KG (knot god) was available to actually do something about it.

• Options
    so many changes lately, and this one is totally sucky.  So sorry to hear this vegasgroom, but to echo the sentiments of the others -- I hope you stick around!  Seems like a lot of new knottie moderators, is Knot Annie still here?  I thought maybe the format change to the community was temporary, is this how its going to be forever?
  • Options
    Nope, Annie is gone, I think either to the Bump or just gone altogether, I can't remember, they did have a lot of turnover.  The three that are left are Porscha, Irene and Jackie.  Supposedly Jackie is the one who is somehow going to moderate the entire site all by herself by way of flagged posts lol.

Bunch of people in SB are already planning to go post on Wedding Bee tomorrow and not log into TK lol

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/977858/weddingbee-wednesday-xp

• Options
    Sucks... Your work is awesome here :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @vegasgroom
     This really sucks! Do you plan to maintain vegasgroom.com?  I found it incredibly helpful while planning my wedding and I think it would continue to be a great resource for future Vegas brides if you stick around and keep up with it! 
    I planned to write up my reviews on Margaritaville, Benihana, Plant Hollywood, etc within the next day or two! I was excited to be the first Margaritaville bride on there lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Engaged: June 16, 2011 @ Bellagio fountains
    Ceremony: Planet Hollywood
    Reception: Margaritaville
    May 26, 2013
  • Options
    Yay Meg cant wait for your reviews!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @vegasgroom
     This really sucks! Do you plan to maintain vegasgroom.com?  I found it incredibly helpful while planning my wedding and I think it would continue to be a great resource for future Vegas brides if you stick around and keep up with it! 
    I planned to write up my reviews on Margaritaville, Benihana, Plant Hollywood, etc within the next day or two! I was excited to be the first Margaritaville bride on there lol!
    Yep, no plans to stop doing what I can to help people who want to get married in my favorite city.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards