Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Plus Sized Wedding Dress Shops?

Not sure where exactly to post this questions but I am getting ready to look at dresses in the next few months and am wondering if anyone knows of any shops besides David's Bridal that has plus sized wedding dresses IN STOCK to try on? I have looked at the Wedding Shoppe online and found a few dresses that I really like but I would like to see what the look like on me before I actually purchase a dress. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

imageOur wedding day with our 2 puppies

image My new last name!!!

Re: Plus Sized Wedding Dress Shops?

• I would check with The Glass Slipper boutique in Anoka (http://glassslipperbridalsalon.com/) or Luxe in Minneapolis (http://www.luxemn.com/). I also know that Bride To Be Consignment carries plus size, but it is a consignment store rather than a full-fledged boutique.
  • I visited Luxe. It was great! Everything fit, and they had a great selection.
  • I bought my dress at The Glass Slipper salon in Andover.  If I remember correctly, they had dresses in size 16 -26 to try on.  They were amazing - an only sell plus size dresses!
  • I got my dress at the glass slipper in Anoka, the ladies there were so sweet. Check out their facebook page. We had a blast there.
  • Wasn't sure if you found a dress but I just listed my dress (never worn) for sale, http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/999398/f-s-beautiful-plus-size-ivory-wedding-gown-never-worn-pip
  • Special Day Consignment in Rochester, MN.
  • I bought my dress at Luxe and I loved the service and atmosphere there. Couldn't have been more pleased with the selection and just everything about it.  I also went to Glass Slipper Bridal in Anoka which had a good selection (just not as posh as Luxe). I ABHORRED my visit to the Wedding Shoppe. I called and asked about several styles and when I asked about how many samples they had in plus size, the woman on the phone was vague and said, oh, we have a good selection. Which ended up being practically nothing shoved into backroom in a separate house than the "normal" sized bridal gowns. 

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • I would have to agree with what others have stated. Luxe was top notch when it comes to service, selection and following up with me to see how I wanted to proceed or need more time, etc. 

With the other stores, The Wedding Shoppe included, I went there twice and never heard a peep back. I also felt like I was just another number vs. a true customer at Luxe. 
  • I won't be shopping for a few months yet, but does Luxe (or one of these other places) have less traditional dresses also?  I'll be looking for something non-white (ivory, cream, etc) and not big and poofy, simple...for a second wedding.
  • yes, the have non-white (i got ivory because i'm very pale). They just started getting in a bunch of blush dresses. They have a great selection - they do tend to run to the poofy side, but again, that might must be because of what I looked at. But if you look at their website and look at the designers they carry you can see your options. Glass slipper the same thing.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • That's so sad to hear about the Wedding Shoppe. When I went there to buy my gown there was an entire room in the main house/business for plus sized gowns. Granted this was 6 years ago; the dress was purchased for a wedding I never had but I plan to have it remade/altered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards