Georgia-Atlanta

to do list

OMG..I jsut got engaged...where do I start?

Re: to do list

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  And welcome to The Knot! First, you'll spend countless hours on this website looking at pictures, browsing other people's posting and websites and trying to decide your style.

The first thing my FI and I did after we got engaged was make a guest list. This is extremely important because you need to be able to tell the venues that you are looking at how many people will be coming. FI and I only wanted 150 at the wedding. We made our list of who we wanted to come including friends and family and then asked our parents who they wanted to invite. If I had to do it over again, I would have given our parents the number they could invite, instead of an open invitation. We wanted 150 at our wedding and after everything was said and done, we ended up inviting 225!

Pick a time of the year that you want to get married (Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall). A lot of venues have different prices depending on the different seasons. I would recommend looking at venues now. We got engaged in August 09, and started looking at venues in September 09 for our Summer 2011 wedding. It seemed far off at the time, but now we're 75 days away! Taking time to look at venues allowed us to look at many different types and take our time to pick. When we booked our venue in June 10 for May 11, they were already booked on the date that we wwanted, so book early!

Hope this helps! Wedding planning can be very stressful and overwhelming but remember to enjoy it and make the most out of it :) Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement :)

We got engaged December 2009, and because we knew we wanted to get married in the North Georgia mountains, we immediately started looking for our venue for our 2011 wedding.  The mountain areas and lodging book quickly which is why we immediately started.  Just as kjones84 said, we made an impromptu guest list so we knew what size venue we wanted to look for.  We also decided on what aspects we wanted (plated vs. buffet, dancing area, nice views, picture locations, lodging proximities, etc.)

We are 6 months out from our wedding, and everything is DONE: deposits and/or balances paid, etc. 
  • edited December 2011
    Start here ... 

HUGE SALE !! ~ 20% OFF ALL WEDDING GOWNS JULY 4TH WEEKEND ONLY !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 3009
    404-229-8690

Saturday 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 6pm

Ask for Sara !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards