Getting in Shape

anything else to say??

I have a friend and coworker who is overweight.  She has indicated a few times in the past that she is starting a diet. . . . it often doesn't last long.  Yesterday, she indicated again that she was starting a diet and asked if I would remind her of that whenever I see her with unhealthy foods.  Ok, no problem.  Based on her prior attempts, I suggested maybe just making more conscious, healthy food choices than tying herself to a diet.  When I make a yummy, healthful meal I will email her the recipe sometimes saying how good and easy it was to make.

I invited her to park further away in the parking lot with me in the morning to get a little walking in and offered to walk with her at lunch (which she declined because she doesn't like the sun) 

Is there anything else you can suggest to be encouraging in her endeavor?  I think it would be great for her to be able to stick with her plan.

Re: anything else to say??

• I was going to suggest MFP also.  

Today has been my 14th straight day of logging in and I'm down 6 lbs.  It's been a real motivator for me.  I even walked into Panera Bread this morning to have breakfast with DH and ate a healthier steak and egg bowl and not grab the usual chocolate croissant slightly warmed in the oven.  I honestly didn't want the croissant, I'm shocked because I ALWAYS went for the chocolate chip muffins and such.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Oy, that's awkward. It's not like FI asking you to remind him - there's definitely a different relationship. I'll just second what PPs are saying - invite her to park further, go on walks during your lunch break (if possible), send her healthy recipes, and tell her about MFP.
  • Agree with PPs about mfp and the walks - but if she makes excuses about things after a couple of times I'd just drop it and let her be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards