North Carolina-Outer Banks

Recommendations for night after wedding?

Fiance and I decided that after spending a week at the beach for the wedding, we would appreciate the honeymoon more if we waited a few months.  So we are getting married in September and then going to Hawaii in November.  I like this plan, but I am not sure what to do the night after the wedding.  We are getting married on Saturday, and it would seem pretty anticlimactic to pack up the car Sunday morning to head back to DC to work on Monday.  We would like to find somewhere in Norfolk/Va Beach/Richmond to stop over for Sunday night.  I'm thinking major relaxation- spa, good dinner, breakfast in bed.  Did anyone here do anything like that or have any recommendations for a special hotel or BnB between OBX and DC?

Re: Recommendations for night after wedding?

• Oasis Suites is in Nags Head, but all the way up to Richmond leaves for tons of options. What about Williamsburg? Kingsmill Resort is on the James River and has a spa I believe. I would do a Google hotel search for Norfolk, Williamsburg and Richmond to see what hotels you like. In Richmond, I would definitely recommend The Jefferson!! The Berkley Hotel is also nice.

• Williamsburg has some great spas Richmond has some awesome restaurants
  • Williamsburg is great! There is such a variety of things to do! There are a lot of hotels, resorts and even B and B's! The historical area is amazing to visit if you have never been plus there is a huge outlet shopping area and of course Busch Gardens. 

I am from Virginia Beach area and have done many weekend getaways to Williamsburg! If you are looking in the Norfolk/VB area and you're not burned out on the beach, check out the Hilton on 31st Street, it has 2 great restaurants and great nightlife too! I'm sure they have spa options as well! Then there is the Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center, it is located on the Chesapeake Bay! I used to live across the street and that is my favorite beach area, but you would've just spent time in OBX so it doesn't compare! LoL

My top choice would be Williamsburg! Good luck!
  • Thanks, everyone!  I found this place - http://www.wedmoreplace.com/index.php  It has a spa, and the restaurant gets great reviews.  I think we'll give it a shot.
  • Thanks, everyone!  I found this place - http://www.wedmoreplace.com/index.php  It has a spa, and the restaurant gets great reviews.  I think we'll give it a shot.
    Nice! Williamsburg is so much fun! Dinner at Merchants Walk would be nice; there are some good restaurants with outdoor patios.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards