Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Rehearsal Dinner Location?

ashbash8688ashbash8688 member
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited May 2013 in Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Hello all. I haven't been around the boards much. I also feel like I'm definitely late on this aspect of wedding planning, but I'm hoping to get some help.My FI and I are on the hunt for a place to hold our rehearsal dinner. We're thinking of just having our rehearsal in Monroeville Community Park the Thursday before our wedding, July 11. I was hoping to stay in the Monroeville area, but I've also thought of heading downtown as well (which we have also considered having the rehearsal at the west end overlook - where we had our engagement pictures done). We' are only having those people in the wedding and their spouses/significant others, so about 20 people max. I'm looking for any type of suggestions on a location, just nothing outrageously expensive (not that I even know what that is to give a guideline). Right now our tentative plan is to possibly just rent a pavilion at the park and have a cookout after the rehearsal, but I wanted to see what other options were out there for me. I've done a search on the boards for ideas as well, but wanted to see if anything new popped up.

Thanks everyone! Happy planning!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location?

• des9724des9724 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    A picnic in the park sounds like fun, and it would be a way for all of your important people to get to know each other better without the pressure of sitting in a room together staring at each other!  I'm thinking of having a BBQ too, but here are some things I would think about. Would this be a far drive from the church or ceremony venue?  If so, why not pick a location closer to your venue so your friends and family don't have to make quite a drive.  Also, who would prepare the food and where would you store it until after the rehearsal? My issue is that my ceremony is far from my home, so I have no where to store my food until we can cook it.  Would you consider a catered picnic from the Pittsburgh BBQ Company? Their food is amazing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • We aren't having our rehearsal at our venue location. We are holding it in the park. We are having an outdoor ceremony, so it works out. Monroeville is actually our kinda midway point for where people are coming from. I've eaten at Pittsburgh BBQ company. They're really good! I never thought to use them though. My mom had given me a catering company that her office uses a lot so we could probably get a good deal. Definitely a company to keep in mind though if we go the BBQ route. Thanks!!
  • I went to a Rehearsal Dinner at Bucca De Peppo in Station Square and it was fabulous! I've worked with Shari there for a work party and they have great prices! It's family style so it's a good price for what you get. You'll get your own private room and servers.  So if your looking for a city location I'd recommend that.

In Monroeville I've heard good things about DeNunzio's and The Wooden Nickel.  I've never been to the wooden Nickel but DeNunzio's has great food and good atmosphere.  
  • my rehearsal dinner is at buca di deppo but in robinson!! on new years eve about 15 of our friends and us went to buca di beppo in station square, had a private room and server, it was great!! i would recommend there too!!
  • ashbash8688ashbash8688 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    We ultimately decided to book a pavilion in the park. We plan to bring in a catered dinner for after the rehearsal. :) Being a weeknight, it seemed work out best and I'm definitely happy with the choice. Everything is getting so close now! Thank you all for the recommendations!! I really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards