Registry and Gift Forum
Options

XP: Engagement Party Hostess Gift

My parents are hosting an engagement party for my fiance & I next weekend. They are technically co-hosting it with their friends, who offered to host the party at their house. When I asked what the couple likes (so that we could give them a token of our appreciation for opening up their home) my parents said wine in maybe a gift basket. Does anyone have suggestions on what to include in the gift basket? I'm thinking a bottle of red & a bottle of white, but what else? I'd considered 2 wine glasses, but I'm sure they have plenty of those. Maybe gourmet cheese & a pretty spreader? Help! Thanks, ladies :)

Re: XP: Engagement Party Hostess Gift

• Options
    I like your gourmet cheese and spreader idea.  It will pair well with the wine.  If you bake you could also include some homemade baked goods.

My parents hosted our engagement party.  I gave them a melamine tray to display the cake pop favors that I baked and also because they always need more trays to use by their pool for drinks and snacks.
  • Options
    Cheese and crackers is good or chocolates. You could also do wine glass charms, a bottle opener, a wine pourer, or a foil cutter if you wanted to do something not edible. We drink wine all the time and you'd be surprised how quickly we need to replace those kinds of things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards