Michigan-Detroit
Options

Catering company help

Hi there! I'm a former Detroit Knottie. I am trying to plan an anniversary party for my parents next summer, and was wondering if anyone here had recommendations for affordable catering companies? I think we are going to try to rent space at the Detroit Historical Museum. There will probably be 150-200 people there (thanks for having a huge family, Mom!), so just looking for some good referrals. Thanks so much! :)

Re: Catering company help

• Options

Wow, that's a big anniversary party!

We used Holiday Market in Royal Oak for our wedding and they are amazing. We also had a tasting with Joe's Produce in LIvonia. Look into gourmet stores like these or other's (Vince & Joe's), as they are more willing to negotiate because catering is not their sole source of income, they are also gourmet grocery stores with a lot of great foods on hand.

Also, use the vendor link at www.weddingchannel.com for caterers in the Detroit area. They have reviews and price ranges.

You may want to check with the Historical Museum as well. Sometimes locations like these have preferred caterers or caterers you must hire to use their facility.

Good luck.

• Options
    Thanks so much! I looked at Joe's Produce and their prices seem pretty good. This is all giving me wedding planning flashbacks, ha ha! I guess it will depend on the guest list, but my mom has 40 cousins on her side of the family alone, plus spouses. Sheesh!

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    pantspartypantsparty member
    First Comment
    edited May 2013
    FYI to any brides - I found the Piquette plant and was considering it. The price is $40/pp for 2014. Holy WTF. No thanks!
  • Options
    mrsbeemrsbee member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    We're using 2 Unique.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I would recommend Dorsey Culinary Academy the food is delicious and roughly half the price of professional caterers because they are not looking to make a profit, but give their students experience.  The students are supervised by a professional chef.
  • Options
    We are using Chef Raymone Catering. They are very affordable starting at $14pp. The food is delicious. I know several people who have been to events catered by them and they all raved about the food. Sue is my contact person and she has been very helpful in answering all my questions. http://chefraymoneinc.com/6825.html

Good luck and Congrats to your parents!
  • Options
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards