Illinois-Chicago

Married ladies, which Chicago Photographers did you use?

What did you love about your photos and photographer?

What did you not love so much?

And if you can, share a cost estimate for your package? 

Thanks so much!

Re: Married ladies, which Chicago Photographers did you use?

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The good news?  Peter and Jessica Matushek are amazing and the real deal as far as kind people and awesome photographers.  My son and DIL (that's them on the first slide of the home page :-)
    found them when they were first starting out.  They were extremely affordable.  Their pictures are amazing!

The bad news?  Word of their good nature and talent spread like wildfire.  They are extremely busy now, and I am sure their prices have been raised.  I'm not sure what you are budgeting, but if you can afford them, I would HIGHLY recommend them!

• Those photos are lovely, thanks for the information!
  • We used Kathleen Thame for engagement pics (she wasn't available for the wedding). Loved her pics and she was very personable. I liked how she took into consideration shots I wanted to have (I emailed her poses I liked before the session).

For the wedding we used Thomas K. from George Street Photo/Video. He gave us awesome pics. The only downside was that since it's a bigger company you don't get to meet with your photographer before the wedding and talk about what shots you want. They do call you a few days before which is nice, and like I said the pics came out wonderful so I guess the meeting before isn't a huge deal, just would have been nice to do.
    Vacation
  • Great information, thank you!
  • jls522jls522 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013

We used Kara Schultz photography and she was wonderful! She was so easy going and fun to work with and our pictures are amazing. Our package included an engagement session, Kara for 9 hours on the wedding day, a 2nd shooter and rights to all of our pictures. This cost us about $2600 and it was worth every penny.

Her style is photojournalistic so if that's not what you want, she might not be a good fit for you. We have a nice mix of candid and posed pictures and she totally captured the vibe of our day.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Fred Fox Photography (Joe L). I havent seen pics yet, but he was GREAT to work with. We got alot of complements on him from our guests all night long, as well.
  • Gina and tiny photographers... They are a husband and wife duo and are incredible!!! Just google them
  • Thanks everyone, this is really great information.

I am also wondering what experiences people are having with larger studios vs. independent photographers. I imagine they both have pros and cons. Pricing being one of them, but if anyone has any input on that I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!
  • We used Redwall Photography. Tasha is AMAZING. The pictures were a huge thing for me. I have heard so many friends and family say their biggest regret was not spending a bit more and getting a good photographer. I did NOT want to have that problem. We just got our pictures back and couldn't be happier. Everyone is saying how great they are. She has a few different packages to choose from and really isn't outrageous with the price.

She is great at capturing the real moment and the emotion, without being in the way. You honestly forget she is there. At one point my mom asked "where did the photographer go?" to which I replied "She's standing right there, behind you!"

Here is her website: http://www.redwallphotography.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards