North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Hilton Pittman Photography Issues?

As my fiance and I are looking for places to photograph our wedding, I have heard (as always), positives and negatives about most Raleigh photographers. With that said, there has been one company where the negative feedback has undoubtedly outweighed the positive, and not necessarily due to the finished product provided.

I have not been in direct contact with Hilton Pittman, but have had enough people close to me direct me away from them due to the attitude by the employees, or should I say the main fellow. I've been a businessman all of my life, understanding that client service is what makes a business truly go, and unfortunately I have heard many stories that strongly suggest that this company simply does not care about the clients needs and feelings. Some of my friends have even contracted this company only to say "no" to them after meeting with them and discussing options, not because they couldn't agree on price points, etc., but because the gentleman who runs this company is as pompous as they come. 

I want this to be a forum for anyone who has had experiences with this company, positive or negative. I had heard enough where I wanted to share what I had heard, but would be fine if proved wrong by you all of you Knotty folks. 

Thank you,
J

Re: Hilton Pittman Photography Issues?

• edited December 2011
    Wow... not to be rude but this is absolutely ridiculous! Since you have not met this man yourself I would warn you against slamming him on the internet! You have to remember that what you hear from people should be taken lightly and there are always two sides to the story.

Hilton Pittman is an absolutely wonderful man, photographer, and businessman! I have worked with him to take my engagement pictures and he will be taking my wedding pictures next summer. I have many friends who have worked with him and have nothing but great things to say.

I had no relationship to Hilton prior to contacting him however I saw so many great reviews about him, online and from friends, that I decided to meet with him.
    He was extremely professional both inside his office and outside. He always stays in contact with you, keeps you updated on anything you need to know, and is a lot of fun to work with. Our engagement pictures turned out amazing! The entire day working with him and his wife was fun and professional!

I understand your want to "warn" people about possible bad businessmen in the area HOWEVER I believe you have made a mistake on this one!  Please meet with Hilton yourself and you will be proven wrong!

Thanks,

Melissa M.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. . . Everyone has their own opinions and thats awesome you want to 'warn' people. . . but that being said, since YOU have NOT met this person on your own. . .all you're doing is spreading gossip and drama.

Vender Reviews are very important in the planning stages, but those reviews need to be based on PERSONAL experiences. Not from 'He said She said'.

I find this rant very inappropriate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

As a very happy client of Hilton Pittman Photography, I have to say that we have not had any issues.  The service has been great and both Hilton and Lauren have been very nice and responsive. 

• edited December 2011
    I guess they took down their post. Good.
  • loriemomsloriemoms member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have worked with Hilton on a number of weddings and he is not only very talented, but always has been professional and extremly enjoyable to work with!  I highly recommend him!!!
  • Do you have the contact information for Hilton Pittman Photography? I recently tried looking them up but saw that their website/blog was "unavailable." I also tried emailing but unsure if I had the right email or not ~ please let me know! I love their pictures & would love to get into contact with them ... thanks so much!

In Response to Re: Hilton Pittman Photography Issues?:
    [QUOTE]Wow... not to be rude but this is absolutely ridiculous! Since you have not met this man yourself I would warn you against slamming him on the internet! You have to remember that what you hear from people should be taken lightly and there are always two sides to the story. Hilton Pittman is an absolutely wonderful man, photographer, and businessman! I have worked with him to take my engagement pictures and he will be taking my wedding pictures next summer. I have many friends who have worked with him and have nothing but great things to say. I had no relationship to Hilton prior to contacting him however I saw so many great reviews about him, online and from friends, that I decided to meet with him. He was extremely professional both inside his office and outside. He always stays in contact with you, keeps you updated on anything you need to know, and is a lot of fun to work with. Our engagement pictures turned out amazing! The entire day working with him and his wife was fun and professional! I understand your want to "warn" people about possible bad businessmen in the area HOWEVER I believe you have made a mistake on this one!  Please meet with Hilton yourself and you will be proven wrong! Thanks, Melissa M.
    Posted by mjmartel[/QUOTE]
  • I'm an old married lady and occasionally check back in.  I know of someone that went to the same Church in Raleigh as Hilton and paid him $1,500 cash in the parking lot to photograph their wedding.  They ended up needing to change the wedding day and to a day he says he was booked for.   He actually was at a wedding show.  He refused to give them back even one dollar and told them to go elsewhere.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards