Outdoor Weddings

Cerimony on a Bridge

Okay so my fiance and I are having our ceremony on a pedestrian bridge in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. Although we're having it June, 14 2014, which is considered a generally sunny, sometimes hot month it can also become stormy. I am planning on having the reception at a enclosed pavilion at a park not to far away but how would be the best way to make the transition from the bridge to the reception area? If it's suppose to clear up where do I have the guests wait? I'm so nervous.
Any suggestions?

Re: Cerimony on a Bridge

• What do you mean where do you have the guests wait?  Wait when?  

How far is the pavilion from the bridge?  Is it walking distance?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • RikuTsumi said:
    Okay so my fiance and I are having our ceremony on a pedestrian bridge in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. Although we're having it June, 14 2014, which is considered a generally sunny, sometimes hot month it can also become stormy. I am planning on having the reception at a enclosed pavilion at a park not to far away but how would be the best way to make the transition from the bridge to the reception area? If it's suppose to clear up where do I have the guests wait? I'm so nervous.
    Any suggestions?
    Your post is unclear in several ways, as Addie pointed out.  You need to have a backup plan in case of rain; you can't ask your guests to stand or wait in the rain for your ceremony. 

• Get a tent and set it up at the base of the bridge or on the bridge itself. If it's on a bridge and you can't stake the tent, most rental companies offer water barrels or you can talk to them about securing it to the sides of the bridge. Don't proceed without a plan B. Talk to whoever is renting you the bridge and ask what other couples have done for inclement weather.

If you have a tent you can take shelter if it rains or is unbearably sunny. 

*********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards