New York-Hudson Valley

Vendor Reviews

I thought I would share my vendor reviews. If anyone has questions feel free to ask! 

Venue: Locust Grove (Poughkeepsie, NY) - I loved this place! It was beautiful and spacious. The best part is that they only host one event on the property per day. The downside is that events cannot start until 5pm. That could be an issue for some people. 

Catering: Lola's Catering (Poughkeepsie, NY) - I cannot say enough nice things about Lola's. Eddie and Annalise are one heck of a team. They were fast at answering my questions, put together a perfect menu and made everything run smoothly on the day of the wedding. They set up everything and were my day of planner. I will rave about them forever. 

Cake: Pastry Garden (Poughkeepsie, NY) - While the cake was decorated perfectly it was a bit dry. My brother said it even tasted a little stale. Not happy. 

Photographer: Surprise Photography (Poughkeepsie, NY) - Melissa is amazing! She was professional and did such a beautiful job. She also did my engagement shoot so I knew she was very talented. Also, she has a sneak peek on FB the next day. The only downside is that she only does 8 weddings a year and could be a bit pricy. 

DJ: Lutz Entertainment (Poughkeepsie, NY) - The dance floor was never empty! I even had friends come up to me and say that he was playing such good music they haven't had a chance to sit down! I also love that he gets together with you before the wedding to go over names, songs, etc. He spends as much time as needed to help you find the perfect music for your wedding. Plus I love that he takes tons of pictures and has them up on FB the next day :) 

Florist: Murphy's Flower Shoppe (Poughkeepsie, NY) - My flowers turned out great and the ladies that run Murphy's are so nice! Plus, their prices are very reasonable. Lola’s recommended them to me and I'm so happy I hired them. Plus, they didn't mind answering all my questions. 

Lighting: Hourglass Lighting (Carmel, NY) - Steve was great and everything set up in time and it looked beautiful. He even squeezed my wedding in on after I dropped the ball and forgot to book him early. Plus he came highly recommended by Lutz Entertainment. 

Officiant: Reverend Stuart B. Chernoff from Hudson Valley Ceremonies (Rhinebeck, NY) - Stu wrote such a beautiful ceremony. Plus he got together with us before the ceremony to talk about exactly what we were looking for in our wedding. He kept it nice and short (our request) but very sweet. You have to book him through Hudson Valley Ceremonies.

Stationary: Easton Place (Easton, CT) – Patti is the BEST! She worked with me on every detail and listened to everything I requested.  She custom made my invitations, programs, on table thank you cards, my table iSpy cards and a menu poster. She also worked with my favor baker on adorable sticker labels.

Favors: Sweet and Simple (Southport, CT) – Michelle makes hands down the best-baked goods! She made delicious big brownies for my wedding but she also makes delicious cookies. I highly recommend considering an edible favor.

Makeup: Bridal Makeup by Jaime (New Paltz, NY) – Jamie was so awesome! She did my makeup (airbrush) and 6 other peoples makeup. Everyone loved their look and was very pleased. I also love that she really wants to make people happy so will work with you to get the perfect look. I will definitely be using her again in the future!

Hair: Lauralyn and Jessica (Poughkeepsie, NY) – Lauralyn and Jessica were recommended to me by my neighbor and they did a great job. They showed up on time and everyone loved their hair. If you need contact information feel free to PM me. 

Dress: Town Shop Bridal (Poughkeepsie, NY) - I had a great experience with Town Shop but I know many who may disagree with me. The ladies were nice and very helpful. I guess they could come off catty but I don't mind that. Plus, I found them blundt and upfront when it came to trying on dresses. Since I picked my dress out alone it was helpful to have an honest opinion. 

Tuxedo: Men's Wearhouse (National) - They worked out fine and all the tuxes came in on time. They needed some basic altering but it was something that was handled quickly. 

Re: Vendor Reviews

• I'm glad you liked Locust Grove -- I was a little worried about my first meeting with them (the two girls there seemed a little young and inexperienced).  I'll definitely make a second appt.  Congrats on everything!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:addaf01a-ad96-453b-9e2b-caa610d65c70Post:4e8777b7-4e50-4c85-b11b-ffda86798543">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad you liked Locust Grove -- I was a little worried about my first meeting with them (the two girls there seemed a little young and inexperienced).  I'll definitely make a second appt.  Congrats on everything!
    Posted by laurenpagano[/QUOTE]

<div>Ask to set up a meeting with Ken Snodegrass. He is the guy that books that place and is in charge. Also, make sure you get a great cateror (Lola's is the BEST) because they know how the place works and take care of everything!</div>
  • I second booking w Ken! He's the man in charge! We didn't book there (too small) but its beautiful. I also had great experiences with Murphy's and the Town shop! I'm surprised you didn't like your cake...ours was from the pastry garden and was delicious!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats. you look beautiful. can you tell me the website and the name of the stationary place.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:addaf01a-ad96-453b-9e2b-caa610d65c70Post:e5e9fbba-c5da-4568-b076-08601d4f8f1e">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]congrats. you look beautiful. can you tell me the website and the name of the stationary place.
    Posted by marci55[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi! Here is her site:</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://eastonplacedesigns.com" rel="nofollow">http://eastonplacedesigns.com</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Just send her and email. Patti is the best!</div>
  • I just tried to PM you but got an error message.. :(  I was excited to see that we are using alot of the same vendors!  Would you be able to send me the contact details for your hair stylists?  I am having a tough time trying to find stylists who will travel to me at a reasonable price!  Thanks!
  • I am also intereted in contact information on the hair stylists.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards