Not Engaged Yet
Options

Awkward Moments - How'd everyone's weekend go?

This weekend BF and I went to get drinks with a friend and her BF. The whole evening was filled with awkward moments. For example, early on in the night BF and I were telling them that they should get into Game of Thrones and were describing the show to them. Then they got in this weird little argument about her never wanting to watch what he likes. Normally something like that wouldn't be too awkward but it wasn't lighthearted they were both using a really aggressive tone. Then later in the night her BF told us something that apparently he wasn't supposed to tell anyone and that was awkward. And besides all the strange little arguments they got into they whispered about their plans to get engaged soon to each other a lot as well. It's just odd behavior in general to me. BF and I have talked about our plans to get engaged with our friends but we don't whisper about them to each other when we are out with others. The night was enjoyable but I definitely left glad we won't see them again for awhile. Also, her BF called me the wrong name at dinner which wasn't a huge deal but he has met me many times over the past couple of months.

There isn't really a point to this post other than I wanted to share. So let's just make this a thread about everyone's weekend. How did all of your weekends turn out?

Re: Awkward Moments - How'd everyone's weekend go?

• Options
    Awk-ward ...

My weekend was awesome! I had class on Saturday, and now I can knit with two strands. This is an exciting development. So I proceeded to do so all day yesterday and now my hands are kind of wrecked for a while. Oh well. Plus I was able to get yarn for lap robes for my BF's stepmother and my great-aunt.

Wow, a lot of my stuff is about knitting, huh?
  • Options
    My grandma taught me to knit forever ago! I forgot it all and tried to teach myself how to again but gave up. That's so awesome that you know how to!

• Options
    Sounds awkward Beth!

Weekend started out fine ended up with food poisoning and projectile vomiting bleh!
  • Options
    Yuck, Lyn. Hope you're feeling better.
  • Options
    Yikes, @bethsmiles! I would have probably overcompensated with too many beers at that point. 

My weekend was really great! I took the train up to Boston where @csousa1 and @BriSox81 picked me up! We stayed up until 3:30am chatting, drinking, and giggling.

On Saturday we were pretty slow-moving. Eventually we crawled out of bed and met @LivLeighton for brunch which was fantastic. After brunch, we walked around and eventually stopped for martinis and crepes and met an adorable puppy who's up for adoption. We walked a little more and then stopped for beers and apps before parting ways with Liv. 

That night, Sous, Bri, and I went out for MORE drinks and MORE food (do you sense a theme?) for Sous's friend's birthday and watched the hockey game. When we got home, I took a tumble down Sous's evil stairs of death and got some rug burns and bruises. I'm still in pain :(

Yesterday we were pretty lazy and I took the train back home in the afternoon.  I was sad to be leaving but I was happy to see my H and furbabies! I missed them a lot!

Photographic evidence: 

• Options
    I had an awkward moment myself this weekend that I can't seem to get over...like I still find myself getting embarrassed about it.

So this past Saturday FI and I went to the Brave's game with two other couples. Both of the guys are groomsmen in the wedding and I've met both of them last year at FI's bday but I hadn't met their GFs yet. We got to our seats and it was blazing hot where we were sitting. Absolutely no shade! So I told FI that I was going to go stand in the shade where the concessions were. As I trying not to trip walking past everyone down the aisle...I tripped and I literally fell over the person sitting in front of us. I was mortified! Luckily, it wasn't some child that I just crushed but it was a grown man that caught me...either way it was awful. The worst part is that he probably thought I was some drunk chick falling over him. I apologized and walked as fast as I could away so I could go cry in the bathroom. Great first impression right lol?

So besides that mishap, I had a great weekend!
  • Options
    rdr716 said:
    Yikes, @bethsmiles! I would have probably overcompensated with too many beers at that point. 

My weekend was really great! I took the train up to Boston where @csousa1 and @BriSox81 picked me up! We stayed up until 3:30am chatting, drinking, and giggling.

On Saturday we were pretty slow-moving. Eventually we crawled out of bed and met @LivLeighton for brunch which was fantastic. After brunch, we walked around and eventually stopped for martinis and crepes and met an adorable puppy who's up for adoption. We walked a little more and then stopped for beers and apps before parting ways with Liv. 

That night, Sous, Bri, and I went out for MORE drinks and MORE food (do you sense a theme?) for Sous's friend's birthday and watched the hockey game. When we got home, I took a tumble down Sous's evil stairs of death and got some rug burns and bruises. I'm still in pain :(

Yesterday we were pretty lazy and I took the train back home in the afternoon.  I was sad to be leaving but I was happy to see my H and furbabies! I missed them a lot!

Photographic evidence: 

I was already still tired & reading your post just made me more tired. I'm too old for all of our shenanigans. But I loved every.last.second. <3

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @mhollister89 - I'm jealous you got to go to a Braves game. I don't watch baseball on t.v. but I love going to games and the Braves are my team! Your embarrassing moment sounds like something that could easily happen to me! I have zero coordination.

@rdr716 - I'm jealous of your weekend! It looks like you all had so much fun!

@motoLyn - Oh no! Food poisoning is the worst! I hope you are least feeling better now!

• Options

@bethsmiles, I had an awkward part of my weekend and this morning as well!

Friday we got home from vacation and were stuck in 3 hour traffic coming home from JFK. We ordered Chinese food, ate it, and went to bed (lazy asses!)

Saturday was the last Saturday my BF is working at his current job so that was exciting! I picked up my dog from the breeder/caretaker that he was staying with while we were gone. We went to Petco and then Froyo world so we could have some frozen yogurt time. I got home, did laundry, then vaccumed the pool and fought with the pool lock for an hour. BF got home, got back in his car, drove to Home Depot and bought an electric grinder (which we needed to fix a tile) and got the lock off the pool. We had Subway (mine was with EXTRA AVOCADOS!) then went into the pool with some drinks since we could hear the concert on the green nearby. It was quite romantic and BF and I had a long talk about "keeping the romance alive" on our way back from vacay.

Sunday I woke up with my back so sore from a drinking injury a few weeks ago. I popped a muscle relaxer and laid on the couch all day and didn't get dressed. BF did the grocery shopping and made a delicious dinner. Here comes part one of awkwardness: BF's friends stopped over to surprise us. I was still in my pajamas ie: I wasn't wearing a bra. BF's friend points out that my boobs look HUGE and everyone is looking at me. I gave her the death stare like thanks for pointing that out.

Part two of awkwardness: My co-worker/BM in my friend's wedding called me today and it was just a really awkward conversation. She asked me if I bought a BM dress yet, I told her I didn't since I just got back from vacation (ffs). Then she asked if I was buying one at all. I told her I was. I also pointed out to her that asking me that made it seem like she was kind of implying that I don't want to be in the wedding at all. She goes "well it seems likes you're not that into it". I was annoyed. It's not her wedding to tell me what to do. Then she asks if I wanted to go in on buying a gift for the shower. I was like "no thanks, I'm giving her money". Then she just hung up in my face. Like I said really awkward.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Whoa, what awkward weekends! @mhollister, your story reminded me of the time I actually did trample a small child coming out of a restaurant. I didn't hurt him thank goodness, but his parents were quite obviously pissed. I just kept saying how sorry I was, asking if he was OK. They just took off. And the group of friends I was with still teases me about it on occasion. *Sigh* Not my finest moment.

@buddysmom80, that woman needs to chill. the fuck. out. I hope she enjoys working with you after she realizes how rude and pushy she was.

Let's see, this weekend. In keeping with the theme of this thread, I did have an awkward moment at clinical! Yay! I'm not going into detail, but thank God our clinical instructor is wonderful and understands that the facility we're at is not exactly conducive to learning the proper way to do things. It was a crazy day on Friday, but we got through it and learned a lot.

Friday night I started attacking the massive laundry pile in my bedroom. Once I was done putting everything away, I rewarded myself by watching Safe Haven. Cried. Went to sleep.

Saturday my aunt and uncle came to visit, which was awesome! We went out to brunch and dinner since that's what my mom's side of the family does, so now things are distributed a liiiiittle differently than they were last week. Oh well. Anyway, BF and my mom's kinda-sorta BF came over as well, and we all had fun talking and catching up. BF spent the night and was an awesome motivator to keep me working on the paper that was due today. He mostly accomplished this by laying in my bed and yelling, "VORK!" at me in a German accent whenever I got distracted. He's so freaking helpful, haha.

The next day was more of the paper. BF was terrific and did my grocery shopping, vacuumed, and picked up my room some so I could concentrate. He's the bomb. I finished the paper early yesterday evening and then started reading for this week.
  • Options
    I had three shows they all went pretty well. It was tiring though.  When I wasn't at the theater I was doing stuff around the house, mostly painting... I can't wait until we are done painting!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@danser55 I feel ya! I've only painted our master bedroom so far and I'm already sick of it. I was so mad on Sunday when I started peeling the tape off and it peeled away bits of the new paint and bits of the already existing white paint on the crown moulding. I have A TON of touch up work to do now... but at least I love the color and it looks amazing with our bedroom set. 

This weekend BF and I moved into our new house. We spent 12 hours on Saturday moving and it took us three trips with my dad's SUV and a uHaul trailer. We couldn't have done it if it hadn't been for the help of our friends and my parents. I'm buying everyone gift cards to their favorite restaurants to show our appreciation for all they did. Saturday night we stayed at my parent's house because ours was a disaster area and Sunday morning we got up and made my dad breakfast for Father's Day. We spent the rest of our day unpacking, putting together furniture, using our new grill, and other house stuff.

• Options
    @lmhollister  Once we paint each room there is always a ton of touch up work.  Luckily FI's mom has helped a lot and we have trim chair molding and crown molding to work around.

Anniversary

• Options
    @bethsmiles That's super awkward. I wonder what they are like when they aren't around friends.
    @motoLyn Ughh. How'd that happen??
    @rdr716 Sounds so fun! 
    @mhollister89 Aww poor thing. When that happens to me, I just laugh about it and pretend that I'm not mortified.

Saturday, H and I went to his parent's house to celebrate Father's Day with his dad because his dad had off work Saturday and not Sunday. We went to the park and played soccer, H and his dad sprinted and raced each other and did the long jump. Later we went home and they made a fantastic dinner.

Sunday, my family and I went to visit my grandpa's grave in NY. Then we went to my other grandparents house for dinner and to visit my other grandpa who is very sick. Overall it was a very tough day. The only positive thing about it is the awesome Chocolate Butterscotch Marshmallow brownies I made last night. 
  • Options
    @mymissingpuzzlepiece- bad Vietnamese food, damn my kinfolk why are they trying to kill me?!
  • Options
    @mymissingpuzzlepiece - I have to admit that I side-eyed their relationship and was pretty judgey about it. They haven't been together very long. She only started dating him because she didn't know how to let him down gently. She would tell us she was going on a "date" with him the first several times they went out, as if she was implying it wasn't a real date. And now they are talking about marriage already. She's always been one to bicker with her BF's in public though and it's always been awkward to go on double dates with her no matter who she was dating. Of course this guy has also had really awkward conversations with my BF as well. Like a few weeks ago we saw them right after BF's graduation and he was super insistent BF would forget everything he had learned about biology during his year off before grad school and got really aggressive during the conversation when BF explained why he thought it would be fine.

• Options
    @bethsmiles I hate people like that.  Biology is not that hard to pick up after you learned it the first time.  I'm not going to forget it :) 

And then I have students that ask me ridiculous questions about like how random animals have sex.  Uh, I don't know.  I really just don't watch that much animal planet.  Students are special :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @bethsmiles @Blue&amp;White Agreed!! I took two years off between undergrad and grad, and I'm doing just fine in graduate school. Biology is the kind of field where you do tend to forget details if you're away from it long enough, but you don't forget concepts. And everyone is constantly relearning material here anyway. I sometimes have to explain things to faculty members if I've just refreshed myself on the material and they haven't.

Not only that, but it's super nosey and not okay to harass people about their career choices like that. I chose not to go straight to grad school for a bunch of reasons, and if anyone had given me crap about it, it would have made my senior year even more stressful than it was. And it wouldn't have changed my mind anyway.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @motoLyn Haha. I hope you're feeling better :)
    @bethsmiles Wow, they both sound really annoying to be around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards