Big checks this weekend (and like 24 days to go!!!!!!) Well, technically the checks are mostly from yesterday as I called in sick to get some stuff done
1. We got a marriage license! It was SO easy compared to how the county website made it sound - we applied online, went into the office and left with all the paperwork in about 10 minutes!
2. We got wedding bands! FI picked his out - they are so easy (and cheap compared to our rings). My band is a simple diamond band that fairly closely matches my engagement ring, which doesn't have a matching band and is a hard fit for one. I realized yesterday that it's not the most important thing in the world to me - just needed a pretty band and to get it done. But I also got my ring sized - I've let it go all this time and the jeweler noticed how big it was and convinced me to go down a size. The jeweler was all-in-all a big success.
3. Also got my wedding day bracelet sized - it was also too loose and they were able to remove all of the excess links. Not a huge deal but something that I've been procrastinating on nonetheless.
4. We picked up our three flower girl baskets and FI dropped them off to his mom. Glad to have that wrapped up and to have her help coordinating.
5. We got our 1,001 cranes picture back! It turned out SO beautiful (pic below). The kite is symbolic of the logo of the beach resort we got engaged at and the kanji is for the year 2012 (we got engaged on NYE 2012/2013 but the kanji for 2013 won't be decided until the end of this year). (FI's family is Japanese.) It's such a beautiful tradition and I am so flattered that FI's family went to all of this trouble for us - I really do think it's just so special. I can't wait to display at the wedding and then in our home!
6. Bachelorette party is planned and invites went out; same with my shower. Can't wait to go wine tasting on a party bus with my friends lol!
7. One bad check: lost a bridesmaid. Long story don't even want to dedicate the mental space to it (see my "bridesmaides' gifts: thanks for nothing post" for flavor lol).
Tonight I'm getting some botox (there was a groupon, don't poke fun LOL) and then Thursday is my first dress fitting (and first time seeing my dress since February).
w00t! Successful week all-in-all!! How are your checks this weekend?