Wedding Party
Options

Demotion

Re: Demotion

• Options
    Wow, how rude of her. Were you involved with other parts of the wedding more?
    *** This account is used by two people. Lila is bitchy and up late. Bonnie is sweet and helpful. Sorry if it confuses y'all. ***
  • Options

Your sister is way out of line.

As MOH, your only duties are to get the dress, show up, and possibly sign the marriage certificate as a witness.  That's it.  It sounds like your sister has been buying into the wedding industry nonsense about all these "duties" that the maids and MOH have to do.  It's ridiculous.

I don't know what else to say.  How have other interactions been between you and your sister since then?

• Options

I have been involved as much as she let me. I told her I would plan the bachelorette party.  She kind of just told me I could take it or leave it. Im obviously going to suck it up for the day.  Perhaps I can tell her I am insulted after the wedding. :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The wedding is in a week. I may just do that. I hate to look bad, but I dont want to feel like an idiot either :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    Does she know that you couldnt attend because of financial constraints? If she did know, and  demoted you anyway, I would drop out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would drop out too. I'd also be very honest with anyone who asked why I did and I'd be VERY vocal with our parents about why I wouldn't take such bratty bullchit.
  • Options
    Drop out of the wedding, and tell her why.  She's making her wedding party a reward and punishment.  She picked people because of what she thought they could do for her.

Wow I can't believe this! I'm sorry this happened and understand why you are hurt! I agree with Retread, how she's treating it like a reward system. You should drop out.

Out of curiosity- when is your wedding and is she the MOH?

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm assuming the DD is to protect your identity? In case sis is lurking?

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards