Texas-Houston

Dress shopping.

my fiance and i just got engaged, finally, yay! lol. our wedding isn't until 2015 so i'm not planning on buying a dress right now, at all! but i am excited to start trying on different styles to find what looks best and what i will end up looking for when it comes time to buy. i'm happy to have this much time to shop slowly and find that "perfect" dress.

also, i'm trying to stay under a very small budget for my dress because 1. i think it's crazy to spend so much on a dress you're only going to wear once (but i really don't want to rent one either.) 2. we are spending sooo much on everything else, i just can't bring myself to spend thousands of dollars on a dress.

so, that being said... basically what i was wondering is if any of you could recommend some good shops to visit? some with good prices, pretty dresses. some where you had a good buying experience. i'm not only a brand new fiance but brand new to houston (from oregon!) so i have no idea where to start!

thank you for your help! :)

Re: Dress shopping.

• MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    There is a really cool resale shop called Marry Go Round! You can look them up on facebook and see the photos of the dresses they have. They have tons of pretty designer dresses for much cheaper! I also went to Panache. Dont let the exterior fool you, they had the best selection of dresses that I saw (i went to 5 places). 
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • ^ I second Marry Go Round!  They had a large selection of dresses, many of which still had tags (they were sample gowns).  The dresses were beautiful and priced extremely well!  I eventually bought my dress at Houston Bridal Gallery, which also had a beautiful selection of dresses for good prices.
  • For inexpensive dresses but NO SERVICE, you can try Harwin Drive. There is a red brick store for bridals and formals. I bought my veil there. Lots of dresses on racks so not real easy but you have time.
  • thanks for all the suggestions, i really appreciate it! keep 'em coming... i have lots of time and hoping to make a few appointments.

marry go round sounds awesome. i think i'll definitely try them out. :)
  • The Princess Bridal was the BEST dress shopping experience, they have private sections for you and your family. They had an awesome dress selection for me personally.

Venturas Bridal has a wide selection of dresses.

I feel the exact same way about spending thousands of dollars for a dress that won't even be worn the whole day lol! So I researched and I found a designer that makes affordable dresses. The designer is Mori Lee. I got my dress for $649.00 I love the price and the dress! Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards