Knottie Tech Help

Knottie Help

The Knot administrators now have their own home base board where there will be announcements and general conversation. This is also going to be a new board where users can contact us instead of just paging us if there is a question or issue.

All members will have the ability to anonymously report posts that will now come directly to our attention. Keep in mind that we will review and take appropriate actions. The Knot will keep records of all reported posts and handle abusers of this privilege individually.

In addition to flagged posts, we will continue to address any violations of our Community Rules, located here: http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx

Posts that should be reported are:

Spam- Any posts advertising services

Harassment- If you feel a user is harassing a member to an extreme level.

Online Vandalism- Posts designed to raise a user’s post count.

Personal Information- Any post where a person’s personal information is being

given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email

address, work information, etc.

Impersonating Other Members/Knot Employees- Any username designed to be a

copy of another user’s name or Knot Employee.

Re: Knottie Help

• Are we allowed to post a link on here to a specific thread that we want you to check out?

• Please PM direct threads to us
  • That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.  Thanks!
  • We have yet to receive an explanation about what flagging ACTUALLY DOES.  Specifically:

1. Who reviews flagged posts?
    2. What are the officially-stated reasons that one would flag a post?
    3. How quickly are flagged posts reviewed?
    4. If, upon review, a flagged post is deemed to have been flagged unnecessarily, does the flagged poster get the post "unflagged"?
    5. If a flagged post is deemed to have been flagged unnecessarily, what are the consequences for the flagger?

I ask these because right now I have four flags on my account, none of which seem to me to be legitimate.  I did not call anyone nasty names, use slurs, spam, or advertise services.  Yet the flags remain.  I can only conclude that this means one of two things:

1. No one reviews flags and therefore flags are basically meaningless, or
    2. Flagging means something different than what I and the majority of TK posters think it does,

Will you or @KnotJackie or @KnotIrene issue a clear explanation on the purpose of flagging and what happens after a post is flagged?  Despite my repeated attempts to get this clarified, you and the other KGs refuse to give an answer.
  • @brielleinlove

1. Who reviews flagged posts? The Knot Team that includes our staff solely working in our moderation queues and the members of our team that you see posting in the community: myself, @knotjackie and @knotirene.

2. What are the officially-stated reasons that one would flag a post? Please see above for the ‘posts that should be reported’ section.

3. How quickly are flagged posts reviewed? Posts are reviewed within 24 hours.

4. If, upon review, a flagged post is deemed to have been flagged unnecessarily, does the flagged poster get the post "unflagged"? Yes, pending review.

5. If a flagged post is deemed to have been flagged unnecessarily, what are the consequences for the flagger? They will be PM for their reason to flag and we will go from there. Abusing the flagging feature will result in further action.

• @schatzi13

You can either PM us the thread, @tag us in the flag or flag as spam for us to review.

As of Friday, we have removed moderators and will review each post that is flagged as spam or abuse.
  • Would it be better to name this board something like "Forum Issues" to reduce the number of people coming here asking for incredibly specific wedding advice (like the cake thread and the attire thread)?
    Anniversary

• Would it be better to name this board something like "Forum Issues" to reduce the number of people coming here asking for incredibly specific wedding advice (like the cake thread and the attire thread)?
    This is a good idea. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited June 2013
    @AddieL73 @professorscience Thank you for the suggestion! We'll definitely consider it as we receive more questions on the board.

ETA: I'm updating the board to Knottie Tech Help - it should be fully updated on site/mobile tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help!
  • @RetreadBride Can you please let me know what old posts of yours need crediting? I couldn't find the mention of what boards they are within your original thread.
  • edited June 2013
    @RetreadBride Our moderator lists were not completely up to date when I joined and I want to make sure all of your announcements are covered. I'm happy to update the boards I have on file today. Let me know if you see any that may have been missed.
  • @RetreadBride there is no reason to get upset over this or discredit KP. She was not the one to pull the trigger on removing mods, it was a team decision. As far as the posts are concerned, they are all slowly being removed or modified. As you can see on some boards, KP has given credit where credit is due (such as on this board with what TarraD put together).
    Please be patient during the final stages of the transition. We are doing our best to get this all right.
  • KJ, if you will re-read my posts, you will see that it has nothing to do with removing mods.  It has to do with removing moderator POSTS and repasting the content under her own name. 

What does it matter? I think its just cuz you were unceremoniously given the boot and now you are upset. If you hadnt abused your mod powers to begin with you might still have them
    Anniversary
  • KJ, if you will re-read my posts, you will see that it has nothing to do with removing mods.  It has to do with removing moderator POSTS and repasting the content under her own name. 

What does it matter? I think its just cuz you were unceremoniously given the boot and now you are upset. If you hadnt abused your mod powers to begin with you might still have them

I know TK isn't FB... but, really?  You are pretty nervy for posting this.
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    cmgilpin said:
    KJ, if you will re-read my posts, you will see that it has nothing to do with removing mods.  It has to do with removing moderator POSTS and repasting the content under her own name. 

I know TK isn't FB... but, really?  You are pretty nervy for posting this.
    Difference is that I owned up to my shit and didn't hide behind anyone and I am not now throwing a bitch fit because of what happened. I can move on from mistakes. One mistake doesn't a person make. 

ETA: I took accountability and did what I could to try and rectify my mistake. What other suggestions might you provide so that we can all move past this?
    Anniversary
  • Father Christmas, we can make drama out of thin air.
    It's why you're all so loved.  =)

But seriously, I agree that what has been posted and stickied on TK wouldn't exactly hold up as "protected intellectual material" in court.  While I haven't enjoyed all the decisions that have been made recently, I love how swift the admins appear to be in making the changes they can make.  If you missed the thread about reposting the announcements, that sucks, but not giving credit to the original author was a simple mistake.

Plus aren't most of the "general info" stickies all basically the same format, just slightly different information?
    Anniversary

• Wouldn't it just be easier to say, "Could you please reopen x, y, and z?"

I don't understand the hostility.
    Anniversary

• @RetreadBride I am happy to reopen any posts that you or other knotties find useful. The announcements on Second Weddings that you mentioned are now open. Please let me know if you see any other posts that can be helpful.
  • Wow, retread. You're taking this way more seriously than you should. I know I liked being a moderator, but it didn't do anything for me in real live life, so why does this all even matter? I doubt we'll ever get moderator status again if this is the type of hostility TK gets to deal with from the volunteers who are only here in spare time out of fun.

Maybe you should consider a career in law enforcement, where you get to have actual authority in situations that actual exist to help serve people in real life.

~~~D'Anna & Ben~~~Married, and living the dream...

Love is all one needs for love.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards